We have 2 epic wing sauce mix suggestions – one represents the CHIEFS and the other represents the 49ERS !
You can serve them both at your Super Bowl party …..
And the best part … IT IS EASY !!!
Chicken Wings are a popular Super Bowl Food Adventure and we have a do-it-yourself recipe that leaves more times for football and less time in the kitchen.
Best to fry the wings and set them in the oven on warm and toss them in sauce just before serving …
We have two recipes the BIG RAGU swears by for this Super Bowl party:
KANSAS CITY BBQ HOT WINGS and SAN FRAN CHINATOWN WINGS
Both are unique and fun flavors and you can tweak it your own liking and experiment with flavors, but these are simple.
Pack of 24 Fresh Whole Wings in the meat department (fresh not frozen)
Large Bottle Vegetable oil
1 cup of flour (optional)
COOKING THE WINGS:
- Fill Deep Fryer 2/3rd up with vegetable oil and heat to 425 degrees.
- Use paper towel to dry off wings or you can lightly coat them with flour
- Cut the whole wings in half on the joints to render 48 total pieces (flappers and drums)
- Season with salt and pepper
- Drop 8 wings at a time into the fryer for 9 minutes or until crisp and golden brown
- Place on cookie sheet and put in oven on warm until close to party serving
- When ready to serve, toss wings in a bowl of your favorite sauce
KANSAS CITY BBQ HOT SAUCE
8 TBS Montgomery Inn BBQ Sauce
1 TBS Sriracha Sauce
1/2 TBS of Ground Red Pepper
Mix and toss wings in this …
SAN FRAN CHINATOWN SAUCE:
6 TBS of “Soy Vey” Teriyaki Sauce (available at Walmart)
2 TBS of Peach Preserves
Mix and toss wings in this.
Have some celery, carrot sticks, ranch and bleu cheese on hand to compliment your wings.
Have a great time at your do it yourself, Superbowl Wing Party and Food Adventure.
Please visit Dayton Most Metro each and every week for an exclusive article from the Food Adventure Crew.
Are you a Dayton Foodie? Then join us on Facebook HERE