A Welcome Dayton Ambassador is anyone in the Dayton area who is interested in learning about the many cultures that exist in the area, sharing what they learn with others, and modeling behavior that is welcoming and inclusive to newcomers to our community.
What does a Welcome Dayton Ambassador do?
Welcome Dayton Ambassadors give presentations, network with native- and foreign-born Dayton residents, share information and resources, help out at multicultural events, and contribute their time and talents to making Dayton a more immigrant-friendly community. Ambassadors are regularly informed of volunteer opportunities through Welcome Dayton and other immigrant-friendly programs in the Dayton area. They invite our volunteers to share their stories with us on our Contact page.
Ambassador Resources (refer to these when indicating your interests in the form below):
- Dayton Council for International Visitors (hosting program)
- Best Practice Guidelines for Engaging with Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Communities
- Multicultural stores
- Multicultural events and activities
- NCCJ cultural diversity training workshops
- Cultural restaurants
- Social media action team members will:
- Use the #WelcomeDayton hashtag to document their experiences
- Contribute to the conversation on Welcome Dayton’s Facebook page
- Share news and events with their online social networks
A Welcome Dayton Ambassador may count certain activities towards community service hours for high school, college or civic club programs.
How do I become a Welcome Dayton Ambassador?
Complete an online form and indicate which activities interest you. This will help them contact you with relevant opportunities and volunteer information. They will reach out to you with information on the next orientation session.