Dave Chappelle’s son, Sulayman, collaborated with Ron Bass, a popular visual artist/designer, to create the look.
– The bright yellow sun connotes a new day in the District
– The muscular arm reinforces the #DaytonStrong message
– The person with the flower suggest growth for the community
– The No Fear sign signals that we won’t abandon our neighborhood
– Love and Hope will keep us together as represented by the two people hugging the heart
– The airplane is a nod to Dayton as the birthplace of aviation
The Oregon Sign welcomes all to the District
– The Gem represents the brilliance of the people in Dayton, Ohio
People can get these commemorative T-shirts with a minimum donation of $20 at the event Sunday in the Oregon District. Proceeds will benefit The Dayton Foundation’s Oregon District Tragedy Fund.