ST. PATRICK’S DAY FOR PROFESSIONALS
This is what it’s like to be the first person to order a drink at 5:30am.
(a users guide to frequent questions)
1. The #1 question is “How Much?” Well it is only $10 to get in on both March 16 and March 17. An even better deal is if you come in on March 16 and pay $10, your wristband is good for St. Patrick’s Day as well – two for the price of one – what a bargain! March 16 THE MENUS will be playing The Dublin Pub for the first time kicking of St. Patrick’s Day. Also available ONLY ON MARCH 16 is the “MENUS VIP EXPERIENCE”. It is $50.00, and you will get admission to both March 16 & 17, eight tickets to use for beer, cocktails, or food under the tent only, and a St. Patrick’s Day souvenir cup which turns green when yor are happy – this is a $75 value for $50, plus your beer and food ticktes are good for both days. If you decide to come just on St. Patrick’s Day it is still just $10 to get in Ohio’s largest St. Patrick’s Day party.
2. Make sure you have a safe ride home, use the free cab service provided by Montgomery County Prosecutor Matt Heck, ARRIVE SAFE PROGRAM, 937-449-9999. OR USE UBER!!!! If you have not tried UBER, get with the rest of the world, it’s about the coolest way to get around town while partaking in Irish Revelry safely. Designated Drivers are another good choice.
3. PARKING, we recommend you park in the Holy Trinity lot just across Fifth St from the pub. DO NOT PARK in the Oregon District neighborhood, but there are many public lots, on street parking and free parking all around the pub, as well as some pay lots.
4. We open at 5:30am, and due to the crowd size, we have streamlined our opening to ensure we can get in as many people in at 5:30am. We will have security at a table at 4:30am and they will be doing ID’s, wristbands, taking $10 cover charge, and the 1st 100 people will get a ticket to redeem for a free St. Patrick’s Day T-shirt provided by Absolute. Those that get here by 4:30am, will be able to get their wristbands, and get back in line so there will be no wait at 5:30am when we open the doors. The line will form at the entrance in our BIG TENT – and will wrap around the corner of 5th St and Wayne Ave towards Francos.
5. If you don’t want to fight crowds inside the pub, the tent will be fully functional at 5:30am. There will be beer and liquor, as well as food and merchandise available at 5:30am in the heated tent.
6. The Big tent will have two draft beer trucks, a Jameson bar stocked with Jameson and Absolute Vodka Bombs and cocktails, a small bar upstairs on the deck as well as one in the covered patio, jello shots, a food area selling hamburgers, hot dogs, Guinness Brats, Pub Fries, Fried Pickles, and Fish. There will also be a merchandise area and an ATM, as all sales under the tents are cash except the Jameson Bar and Merchandise which will accept credit cards.
7. FREE SHUTTLE: There is a Free Shuttle that starts at 10am in front of The Dublin Pub on the corner of 5th St and Wayne Ave. It will run every 30 min to Flanagans Pub by UD. It is free and runs till midnight.
8. Our Facebook page and website has our full itinerary.WWW.DUBPUB.COM.
9. Inside the pub you will find our full service restaurant serving our limited menu, but with all the Irish favorites. There will be live music inside starting at 11am, but Celtic Rock will be playing all day long inside. We have an ATM as well inside, so for those keeping score at home, we have two ATM’s overall on site.
10. There is no GREEN BEER on site, so please don’t ask – we are an authentic Irish Pub and we pride ourselves in the Guinness perfect pint. If you want Green Beer, we suggest you enroll in Miami University – today. Here is a link for enrollment: http://www.miami.muohio.edu/admission/admission/index.html
11. If you don’t like crowds, basically, St. Patrick’s Day may not be for you, but if you look for the best time to come and participate in the revelry, we recommend either when we open, late morning or early afternoon. You will still have Guinness & Jameson, you will still see Irish Step Dancing, and you will hear amazing Irish music. The 5:30am spot is a sight to see, and only for the TRUE PROFESSIONALS. Late night will be busy, and the show is amazing, and the people are the best St. Patrick’s Day revelers in the world!!!
12. The tent will do last call at 12:30 and completely closed by 1am. The Pub will be open till 2am and the kitchen open until 1am.
13. NO BAGS or BACKPACKS please, we will not let them in.