What’s Upstairs in Downtown? That question led Troy Community Works, in collaboration with Leadership Troy, to create the Second Story Secrets Tour in 2014. Now back for its fourth year the tour keeps getting better. The 2017 tour will be held on November 4, 2017 from 3pm-7pm.
The tour offers a rare chance to slip inside the upper floors and little known spaces around downtown. Tickets are $25 or 2 for $45 until Oct. 31st. After that tickets increase to $30 each. After picking up your map and tour brochure at the CAS Building participants can visit the locations in any order. Tour guides are on hand at each location to give information about the building. They include:
- Coleman-Allen-Saidleman (CAS) Building – owned by TCW and home to MT Studios, and the starting point of the tour- 1 E. Main Street,
- Zeal Life Coaching & Apartment- 3 E. Water Street,
- Dave Murray & Company- 104 N. Market Street,
- Smithfly- 210 E. Water Street,
- 3 Weird Sisters Studio- 15 S. Market Street,
- Westfall Apartment- 116 S. Market Street,
- Mayflower Arts Center- 9 W. Main Street,
- Trojan City Music- 106 E. Main Street,
- Thrive Classical Pilates- 2 N. Market Street
- Hemm Warehouse- 110 E. Canal Street
- The Dye Building – 5 S. Market Street
- The Secret Location!
Ticket holders can tour the sites and stop at the Elks Lodge Historic 2nd Floor Bar to “refuel” and use their 2 drink tickets to enjoy beer, wine, cider and snacks. The Elks will also be crafting a signature cocktail for purchase just for the evening! Ticket holders will also receive 10% off dinner if they show their ticket at any of our partnering restaurants: La Piazza, Smith’s Boathouse, The Caroline, Greenfire Bistro, Sakai, and Tokyo Peking!
Tickets will be on sale online, but prices increase after October 31st to $30 per ticket. Online ticket holders will be contacted via email and your physical ticket will be held at the door until the day of the tour. You may also purchase tickets at the following locations around the square from September 26-October 31st: Mayflower Arts Center, Troy Chamber of Commerce, and MT Studio. Tickets are $25 each or 2 for $45. All proceeds benefit Troy Community Works.