When twins Natalie & Anna Mussin Phillips belt out the National Anthem today the 15th season of the Dayton Dragons will officially begin with their first home game of the season and the Dragons 1052nd sell out. This is the longest sell-out streak in sports history. The entertainment and excitement created by the Dragons is one of the reasons they hold the attendance record for Single A baseball.
Here’s what you can expect at today’s Opening Day:
- Introduction of the Dayton Dragons very own princess, “Princess Sunny.”
- Atmosphere Entertainers: Face painters, Stilt Walking Balloon Artists, and Jugglers.
- Petting Zoo
- Skydivers flying in the Red White and Blue.
- Dove Release after the National Anthem.
- WPAFB Honor Guard presenting our nation’s colors.
- Giant flag presented by family members of WPAFB Servicemen and women.
- Mini Dugout Dancers
- Dayton Dragons Drumline
- SunBurners Steel Drum Band on the plaza
The fun begins at noon when the box office opens, but the actual game versus South Bend starts at 4pm
1. The new HD Video board in left field is 7 stories tall.
2. The Milano’s Tap Room with 10 craft beers on tap, located on the first base side of stadium.
3. Introduction of the Dayton Dragons very own Princess Sunny
4. The Kids Funnel Cake Stand located beyond the right field fence, offer Fresh-Fried Funnel Cakes, Fresh-Fried donut holes, Deep-Fried Oreo’s, Kettle Corn, and assorted candies.
5. BBQ Smoker on the third base side of the main concourse. Hickory-smoked barbeque favorites including Pulled Pork, Pulled Chicken, BBQ Ribs, Beef Brisket, and Mac-N-Cheese will be available.