It’s time to welcome the new year and the new management team for Pecha Kucha. Under the guidance of Shayna McConville, with assistance fromRyan Schulte and Katy Kelly, this Thursday, Jan 18th will be the 34th set of 20x20s.
“Transformation” is the theme for the evening with your emcee, Jacobee Rose Buchanan, a speaker from vol. 32 who presented a segment on Fantasy Costume Design.
Fitting right in the the night’s theme, the venue for the event will be The Steam Plant, a former power generating plant that was recently renovated into a gorgeous special event space, yet managing to hold onto the historical charm of the early 1900’s when it was built.
The new year prompts us to consider what can be new and different about ourselves, our lives, our future. Topics will cover stories of changed minds, changing landscapes and changes we can see and feel.
- Dayton Corps team members – Dayton Corps
- Rachel Dominguez-Benner – Process of Fabric Printing
- Bridget Flaherty – 22 States in 30 Days
- Jared McPherson – The Reluctant Hunter
- Julio Mateo – Embracing the Dayton ‘Zeitgeist’
- Brad Price – Transforming Ideologies
- Emma Smales – “From LA to Ohio”
- Kathleen Tiller – Native Ohio Orchids
Speaker order is determined the week of the event. Beer and wine networking break will definitely be happening midway through the presentations.
As usual, PK is free to attend but donations are so appreciated. Bring a curious friend. Park for free in the lots behind the venue.
PechaKucha Vol. 34
Thursday Jan. 18, 2018 7:30 pm
The Steam Plant
617 E. 3rd Street, Dayton . 45402
Doors open at 7 pm