Celtic Fest Ohio return to Waynesville with $5 Friday. Enjoy a sneak peek of what’s to come all weekend long on the Key-Ads Main Stages. Also, on Friday, we call SHENANIGANS! Register for Shamrock Shenanigans and compete in fun (maybe a wee bit silly) obstacles to see if you’re crowned the “Official Shenanigator” of Celtic Fest Ohio. Friday also features a Guinness etching event ($25) at the Guinness Tent – Limited to 75 people, registration starts at 6pm.
A portion of each registration goes to the the local charity, Have a Heart to Save a Heart Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, established in June 2017 to assist the families and patients with the incredible medical, travel, and other cost associated with having a child with a Congenital Heart Defect (CHD).
Friday also features a Guinness etching event ($25) at the Guinness Tent – Limited to 75 people, registration starts at 6pm.
Saturday and Sunday feature full days of Celtic music from traditional to Celtic Rock, Irish & Scottish dancing, sheepherding demonstrations, bagpipe parades, artisans, a variety of Celtic foods, three historical encampments, and Irish Wolfhounds, oh my!
Five stages featuring a variety of traditional Celtic tunes, Celtic Rock, and dancing:
- The Elders, Off Kilter, Albannach, The Fighting Jamesons, Poor Man’s Gambit, and Father Son & Friends head the music line-up on the Key-Ads Main Stage.
- The 42nd Royal Highlanders – Scottish military encampment
- Border Collie herding demonstrations with Alan Miller
- The Misplaced Vikings – historic Viking encampment featuring a 40-foot educational ship
- McGovern Ceili Dancers, Cincinnati Highland Dancers, and Richens-Timm Dayton, featured on the Fleet Graphics Dance Stage
- The Cincinnati Caledonian Pipes & Drums, Miami Valley Pipes & Drums, and the 42nd Royal Highlanders Band of Music will parade around the festival site.
- Irish Wolfhounds will be on site Saturday (5p – 8p) and Sunday (2p – 5p). Stop by to learn about the history of the breed and how these gentle giants have evolved.
This event is absolutely kid friendly. The wee ones will compete in a kid-friendly version of the same nine obstacles with root beer/water stations along the way. The fastest overall time will be crowned the Lucky Leprechaun.
- Saturday and Sunday in the Guinness Tent. Tastings are $18 at the tent. Photo ID is required.
- Guinness – 1:30pm Saturday, 12:30 Sunday
- Magners – 4pm Saturday, 3pm Sunday