As couples from Seattle to Savannah prepare to celebrate Valentine’s Day with loved ones, Amazon.com today revealed its annual list of the Top 20 Most Romantic Cities in the U.S. Dayton, which was ranked 7th last year slid down the list to the 19th spot. Guess we need to step our romance up, and with Valentine’s weekend on the horizon we’ve got some suggestions for local celebrating.
The list is determined by a compilation of sales data from cities with more than 100,000 residents on a per capita basis and includes purchases of romance novels and relationship books (both Kindle and print); romantic comedy movies (DVDs and digital); a curated list of romantic music, including artists like Barry White, Maxwell, Miguel, and Luther Vandross (CDs and MP3 format); as well as the sales of sexual wellness products.
|The Top 20 Most Romantic Cities in the U.S. are:|
|1. Alexandria, Va.||11. Atlanta, Ga.|
|2. Miami, Fla.||12. Salt Lake City, Utah|
|3. Knoxville, Tenn.||13. Scottsdale, Ariz.|
|4. Orlando, Fla.||14. Everett, Wash.|
|5. Vancouver, Wash.||15. Gainesville, Fla.|
|6. Cincinnati, Ohio||16. Seattle, Wash.|
|7. Columbia, S.C.||17. Wilmington, N.C.|
|8. Pittsburgh, Pa.||18. Rochester, N.Y.|
|9. Round Rock, Texas||19. Dayton, Ohio|
|10. Ann Arbor, Mich.||20. Bellevue, Wash.|
Some of the interesting finding in Amazon’s romantic data revealed that:
• Customers turned to Amazon Echo to set the mood, with Can’t Get Enough of Your Love, Babe coming in as the most requested Barry White song.
• Virginia is for lovers, with Alexandria, Va., reclaiming its position as the most romantic city after five heartbreaking years away from the top spot.
• Number three, Knoxville, Tenn., is keeping up its reputation as a city of love — ranking in the top three for the past five years in a row.
• Miami, Fla. knows how to keep the passion alive, with the city purchasing the most sexual wellness products.
• Love’s brewing in Washington, with four cities making the list this year: Vancouver, Everett, Seattle and Bellevue.
• Sin City is saying hello from the other side, with Las Vegas, Nev. falling off the top 20 this year.
Whether looking to set the mood or evoke the thrilling feeling of love this Valentine’s Day, customers can browse the Amazon Books Editors’ curated collection of love stories at amazon.com/150lovestories, watch their favorite romance film on Prime Video, and also enjoy Prime Music’s 50 Great Love Songs playlist.