Do you have an idea that could help the environment and create a healthier and more sustainable community? Do you have an idea that can reduce pollution, prevent e-waste or improve access to healthy food? Bring Your Green is challenging YOU to send us your innovative GREEN IDEAS for a chance to win a $500 cash prize. PLUS, your idea could be selected by a Dayton Regional Green Action Team to bring to life!
The GREEN IDEA contest is open to individuals, students, businesses and organizations in southwest and west central Ohio. You must reside in the DP&L service territory to be eligible for the $500 cash prize.
The idea or project must promote sustainable practices such as reducing food, water, energy usage or waste and promoting programs like recycling, education and livability. More than one entry per participant is allowed.
- Present your GREEN IDEA for a chance to win $500 by February 15, 2016.
- The Dayton Regional Green Leadership team will select the best GREEN IDEA and winner of the $500 prize. The winning GREEN IDEA will be announced during Earth Week 2016.
- All GREEN IDEAS will be presented to Dayton Regional Green (DRG) Action Teams for inspiration as they prepare 2016 Sustainability Grant proposals. Vectren has offered $20,000 in grant funding to help DRG Action Teams bring GREEN IDEAS to life in our community.
- Bring Your Green participants will vote on the Sustainability Grant proposals to determine which project(s) will receive funding and be implemented by Action Teams.
To Submit Your Idea:
- Fill out the online application here.
- Submissions must be completed by February 15, 2016.