Chef Dane Shipp is approaching his second anniversary in the kitchen of Lock 27 Brewery. A graduate of the Sinclair Culinary program he’s been cooking around town for over ten years. Having started at the downtown branch of Lock 27 in winter of 2018, he was recently promoted to Executive Chef, overseeing both locations of the breweries restaurants. Having just rolled out 17 new menu items, he made some time to take on DMM’s Chef 10?’s interview:
1. What is your favorite ingredient to cook with?
My favorite ingredient to work with is garlic! It’s one of the most flavorful ingredients out there! I use it in a lot of my dishes. Roasted, fried crispy for asian dishes, sliced raw, etc…
2. What ingredient do you dread?
I’d have to say the ingredient I dread the most is beets! Only because it takes a long time to cook, and it will stain you and everything around you!
3. What’s your favorite dish to make?
7. If you could invite any 4 guests to a dinner party who would they be and why?
8. Who do you look up to in the industry and why?