Are you a foodie? Then Daytonians, this weekend is your chance to eat, drink and be garlicky all while listening to one of Columbus’ favorite bands, The Danger Brothers. Cooking Demos, beer, garlic eating contest and craft vendors fill out an all star lineup..
Fasten your garlic burps, here we go !!!
HERE’S THE SKINNY:
— WHEN: SUNDAY, JULY 17th from NOON- 8PM
— WHERE: BELLA VILLA HALL – 2625 County Line Rd, Beavercreek
— WHAT ELSE: FREE ADMISSION – FOOD VENDORS – CRAFT VENDORS – BEER TRUCKS
— FREE COOKING DEMOS – inside the Bella Villa Hall Main room
1pm Our own JACKIE SCANLAN aka “HUNGRY JAX” from Food Adventures
3pm Special guest, CHEF ANNE KEARNEY, 2 times James Beard award winner and owner of Rue Dumaine
— GARLIC EATING CONTEST 4:45pm by the stage – Prize money is $100.. can you beat the competition ???
— FREE CONCERT by THE DANGER BROTHERS 5pm – 8 pm – a RARE Dayton appearance by the band you know from Buckeye’s games Hiney Gate Parties on Lane Ave. PARTY ROCK N ROLL at its most fun – HANG ON SLOOPY – Could be the biggest O… H.. I … O chant in Dayton history.
GARLIC FEST FOOD VENDORS:
1) FRICKER’S – We smell garlic chicken on the horizon! Dayton’s chicken experts roll the truck in for some good eats.
2) TEXAS BEEF AND CATTLE CO. – Slow cook BBQ experts on the premises.. We expect garlic rubbed brisket among other slow smoked specialties. Meats! Meats! Meats!
3) GIOVANNI’S – Fairborn’s legendary Italian restaurant brings the garlic eats. Expect some hearty, filling menu items here.
4) SWEET P’S HANDMADE ICE POPS – Fruitty, fresh and COLD. This will cool your hot head and your mouth will thank you.
5) SCRATCH CATERING: Their garlic chicken tenders stole hearts last year. What else do they have in store from Chef Hayden?
6) GYRO PALACE: Huge, gaping gyros loaded with tons of meat, veggies and garlic
tzatziki sauce. Get some !
7) THE HOLY CANNOLI BOOTH – The Italian club is deep frying cannoli and sprinkling chocolate on top. A religious experience in taste!
8) ZOMBIE DOGZ – The king of Dayton’s Food trucks promises 2 never before done flavored hot dogs ! STAY TUNED !
9) RITTERS FROZEN CUSTARD: Cool sundaes loaded with toppings and sauces. If you dont get whip cream on your nose, it doesn’t count.
10) Q FOOD FOR EVERYONE: Bacon wrapped chicken legs, Garlic shrimp and salmon are the possible choices here with BBQ.
11) MOHAWK FREESTYLE GRILL: Garlic Mohawk Burgers and more! More than a mouthful and so juicy. Chef Aaron wont dissapoint you!
12) BOURBON STREET GRILL and CAFE: Spicy chicken or Bourbon Chicken all made with garlic and poured over your choice of rice.
13) MAMMA DISALVOS – Who better to do garlic fest than these guys? We expect garlic pasta and more from this Italian crew.
14) DEEP FRIED HEAVEN – From veggies to garlic pizza fries, these guys are gonna deep fry some delicious specialty items.
15) KOWALSKI HOTS: In upstate New York they say “hots” instead of hot dogs. This guy grills red and white hots, not spicy just hot dogs and brands you can only find in upstate New York. As for garlic sauce or coney sauce.
GARLIC FEST CRAFT VENDORS:
1) THE SPICY OLIVE: Garlic infused olive oil and more flavors ! Fresh Olive oil guaranteed.
2) WEEZY’S GARLIC: Garlic for sale.. health benefits galore
3) COSTCO: Your favorite spot for warehouse deals. If you dont know about them, now’s the chance …
4) SCENTSY: Wickless candles, electric warmers and flavored waxes. Wonderful fragrances.
5) SERVANTHOOD STICHERY: Unique crafts and puzzle lamps. Defintely worth a visit.
6) NERIUM INTERNATIONAL: Age defying skin creams and moisturizers. Look young while eating that garlic item.
7) LOVE HARVEST BODY ART: Face painting. Kids love this stuff and what adult wouldnt look good with some garlic on their cheek.
8) PAINTED HORSE STUDIO: Clay art and hot sauces. A local art teacher and her husband have some unique items for sale.