Alright everybody, after months of planning, promoting, talking about, writing about, through all of the ups and downs that we have experienced—Dayton Fashion Week is finally here AND IT’S GONNA BE HAUTE!!! The Schedule is as follows:
- July 24 Fashion For A Cause Local Celebrity Fashion Show at the Masonic Temple 6p-9p
- July 25 Dayton Most Metro Presents Fashion In Downtown at Court House Square 4p-9p
- July 26 Kids Fashion Collection at The Bainbridge Hall the show starts at 6p
- July 27 Ready to Wear Collection at the Dayton Convention Center the doors open at 5p show starts at 6:30
- July 28 Haute Couture Doors open at 5p show starts at 6:30p.
For those of you who have been living under a rock and haven’t heard about Dayton Fashion Week or maybe you were a little skeptical about whether or not Team DFW could actually pull off an event of this magnitude, or maybe just maybe you’ve heard about it and just needed a little reminder about all of the great things that will be taking place this week. So I’ve compiled a Top 10 List of why Dayton Fashion Week is a Must See Event!
10. Dayton Fashion Week was named a “Must See” Fashion Event of The Year by F-Politique Magazine in London England.
9. Dayton Fashion Week is being Executive Produced by Kyle Haggerty MTV’s MADE Coach.
8. Dayton Fashion Week will be covered by Miami, FL based fashion series Inside Couture and word is Dayton Fashion Week was on everyone’s lips during the Italian Vogue Party last week during Miami Fashion Week.
7. Dayton Fashion Week will be covered by Phoenix, AZ based Fashion-Faces Magazine and Television Show who also featured Dayton Fashion Week models during the Cover Model Contest for F.I.Q. Magazine.(What’s F.I.Q. you may be asking well check out Reason # 2 on why Dayton Fashion Week is a Must See Event but don’t skip Reasons # 6-3)
6. Dayton Fashion Week is featuring over 90 of the hottest models from around the world and close to 80% of them are from right here in the Miami Valley!
Do you wanna be on top? That’s right America’s Next Top Model Cycle 13 Runner Up and Cycle 17 All-Star Contestant Laura Kirkpatrick will debut her Grumbage Line during Dayton Fashion Week and she’s bringing some of her America’s Next Top Model friends to strut their stuff on the runway of Dayton Fashion Week.
4. Dayton Fashion Week’s After Party at Club Vault will feature performances by American Idol’s Season 8 Contestant Ashley Mendez and DJ Trick who has toured with Lady Gaga and Justin Timberlake, and will be hosted by Spokes Model and Actress Gigi
3. Dayton Fashion Week gives back, from day one Dayton Fashion Week has made giving back and reaching out to the community a priority! Whether it’s collecting can goods during Casting Calls, to participating in builds for Habitat for Humanity, getting a little muddy volunteering during the Mud Volleyball for Epilepsy Tournaments, to raising money for the Hospice of Dayton and Clothes That Work. Dayton Fashion Week is here to make a positive impact on the community.
2. Dayton Fashion Week will debut the HOTTEST Fashion and Lifestyle print magazine the city has ever seen. F.I.Q.(Fashion Index Quarterly). All ticket holders to the July 27&28 events will receive a complimentary copy of F.I.Q. Magazine featuring 68 pages of some of the most talented writers, designers, models, makeup artist, hair stylist, photographers, community figures, and business owners and the very first issue is dedicated to and featuring the talented people of the Miami Valley Area.
1. Dayton Fashion Week is featuring 22 of the world best designers! We have International designer s like Bothdol Fashions from Nigeria, National Designers like 1847 & Co, and to make this journey complete we are featuring local designers and Boutiques: Temiki Jewelry, Kerapa by Sonya Mills, Jamilla Jones, Tracy McElfresh, J’Norreh by Nakeisha Maroney, Gill Mart & Co., L”amour Ameer, Joli Boutique, Pieces of Style, Serket Jewelry, and Love The Limelight by Amy Longo.
Well there you have it folks the Top 10 Reason’s why Dayton Fashion Week is a Must See Event!! And if you still aren’t convinced why you should check it out well—BECAUSE I SAID SO!! No but seriously, Dayton Fashion Week is being put together by close to 300 volunteers from the CEO Junda Morris-Kennedy to yours truly Caressa Brown the Director of Operations we haven’t drawn a single pay check for planning out this event. We believe in the City of Dayton and the talent that it possesses. We want to grow a new market here to help retain the talent that the city and surrounding areas has to offer. The designers have been investing their own money into the designs being showcased, the models, photographers, makeup artist, hairstylist have been giving freely of their time working hard to make this event successful, our sponsors have faith in us and are committed to seeing our vision thru, and last but not least DAYTON not only ROCK BUT The DYT is FIERCE!!!! Dayton Fashion Week #ItJustKeepsGettinBetter