Front Street artists invite you to support your local artists and small businesses this holiday season by visiting our open studios on November 30th for Small Business Saturday. Give the gift of original art this holiday season!
A number of related events and programs are planned in conjunction with the special exhibition, including a Trivia Night at The DAI hosted by Dana Sintell of The Rubi Girls! Scheduled programs include:
- Trivia Night, July 13, 6:30–9 p.m.
- ARTventures: Clay Portraiture, July 14, 1–3 p.m.
- Curatorial Conversations: Exhibition Tour, July 19, 6–7 p.m.
- ARTventures: Celebrating Celebrities, July 28, 1–3 p.m.
- Teen/Adult Studio: Charcoal Portraiture, July 29, 1–2 p.m.
- Talk: What’s in a Portrait? The Art of Photography and Portraiture, August 4, 1–2 p.m.
- The Language of Art, August 8 & August 11, noon–2 p.m.
- ARTventures: Creative Collages, August 25, 1–3 p.m.
- Behind the Scenes Talk: Yousuf Karsh and Jane Reece, September 6, 4–5 p.m.
For more about Yousuf Karsh: American Portraits and Jane Reece Photographs, as well as related programs, visit www.daytonartinstitute.org/americanportraits.
Admission to Yousuf Karsh: American Portraits is free for museum members. Non-member admission is $14 adults; $11 seniors (60+), students (18+ w/ID), active military and groups (10 or more); $6 youth (ages 7-17); and free for children (ages 6 & under). Prices include admission to Yousuf Karsh: American Portraits and Jane Reece Photographs, as well as the museum’s collection galleries. As a special thank you to the community, admission to the exhibition will be free to all on the first four Sundays in July: July 1, 8, 15 & 22.