The Dayton music community is coming together in a way that we’ve never seen before. Local music experts are volunteering their time and knowledge to benefit musicians and bands in the area through the first ever Music Power Conference, being held this May. The sole purpose of this conference is to bring all those together, who are contributors to the music scene (artists, venues, media, agents, producers, etc.), and to work on a common goal: “To enhance the visibility for artists with higher venue attendance, and to facilitate a process of reaching the consumer in a proven strategic marketing effort and not in a hopeful manner.”
This one day, all-day event is absolutely packed with music business keynotes, panels, clinics, workshops, and one-on-one mentoring. Attendees with have the tremendous opportunity to learn new ways of approaching audience development, and overall become more successful in the music industry, both locally and at large. For local musicians, this is a “don’t miss” event!
Speakers and sessions include:
- Tim Ramanofsky, Grammy Nominated Producer and Founder of T-Bone Record (conference speaker)
- Sean O’Mealy, GM of WNKU Radio (will discuss the power of listener supported radio for local artists)
- Eron Bucciarelli-Tieger, musician (will discuss fairness in music licenses for artists and venues)
- Neilson Hixson, owner of Oddbody’s Music Room (discuss the art of venue promotion and booking)
- Janey Schreyer, attorney (will discuss legal issues for artists and venues)
- Jayne Sachs, local Singer/Songwriter (will discussTV & Film Placement for artists)
- Libby Ballengee, Dayton music journalist and promoter (will discuss tips for getting people to your show from the ultimate fan)
- Mike Hiles, Social Media Strategist
- And more!!
How to go?
Monday, May 9th – 2016
8:00 am to 6:00pm
8100 Clyo Road
Centerville, Ohio 45458
Cost for full day with lunch: $75 pre-registration rate
For the full conference schedule, click here: http://themusicpower.com/2015/12/08/2016-conference-schedule/
To register for this event, click here: http://themusicpower.com/2016-conference-registration/
Organizer, Manfred Schreyer from Taffy’s of Eaton, describes why YOU should attend!