Free summer entertainment returns to downtown Dayton’s Dave Hall Plaza (Fourth and Jefferson Streets) on Sunday, July 20, as Recreation and Youth Services presents the 29th annual Dayton Blues Festival, with the finest in local and regional blues from 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.The line-up includes:
- Joe & Jack Waters – Dayton
- The Wright Brothers Band – Dayton
- Back Talk Blues Band, featuring Gary ‘Guitar’ Williams – Dayton
- The Mojo Kings – Columbus
- Mark May Band, with the Soul Horns – Columbus
- Cheryl Renee Project – Cincinnati
- Joey Gilmore ‘The Blues Legend’ – Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- Emcee – Earl “South Side” Hayes
In addition to great blues, there will be food and merchandise vendors, and Heidelberg will offer premium beers. Concertgoers are welcome to bring lawn chairs or blankets. However, shade tents, coolers, pets, outside food and drinks are not permitted. The City of Dayton’s Take Back the Tap Trailer will offer free water (guests are encouraged to bring their own water cup or bottles).
The Dayton Blues Festival is the second of a three-festival Downtown Summer Music Series presented by the Dayton Department of Recreation and Youth Services, and is supported by Heidelberg Distributing, the Downtown Dayton Partnership, the Crowne Plaza Hotel, WROU Radio, and Martin Romie Talent. The Downtown Summer Music Series will continue with the Dayton Reggae Festival on August 31, also at Dave Hall Plaza and with free admission.