Monetary Donations – (Biggest need right now for long term efforts)
Many of our survivors are needing to rent u-hauls, make co-payments on insurance and pay deposits for new housing.
To volunteer for the Red Cross:
There is an application and training process you must first complete. They are holding a training session this Saturday, June 15th.
Sinclair College is helping volunteers find the best way to help in the region based on your skillsets, gifts and experience.
So if you’re good with a chainsaw, they’ll put you with the chainsaw group. If you’re good at the computer, they’ll assign you some online ways to help! Those are just a few examples they shared.
To learn more, volunteers can stop in at the Volunteer Resource Center (Building 20) at Sinclair. Off Edwin C Moses and Fifth or call: 937-512-570
A few confirmed needs as of this afternoon, Thurs, June 6th :
Harrison Township Fire Station #94 at 2400 Turner Road is in need of nonperishable food, diapers and baby formula.
Harrison Township still has several areas that could use your help with the tornado clean-up. If you have a group looking to help out the community, call or text Amanda at 309-307-8741 and she will supply you with a specific location that needs your help.
Pippins Market 5440 Oliver Road is in need of cleaning supplies, size 5&6 Diapers.
Wesley Community Center Dayton is in need canned goods and personal hygiene items for their food pantry. 3730 Delphos Avenue is the address to drop off. (937)263-3556.
Lots of local businesses are hosting fundraisers, click here to find a list of those.
Hopeland Church is posting daily am/pm opportunities for volunteers from food distribution to site debris clean up. Follow their page on Facebook for information https://www.facebook.com/hopelandchurch/ for those updates.
The Beavercreek Township Fire Department’s Auxiliary will be setting up this Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9am-5pm in the Beavercreek Commerce Center (Spicer Heights Shopping Center) located at the corner of Grange Hall Rd and Kemp Rd coordinating any volunteers for tornado debris cleanup to those still in need. If interested in helping out or you need help, please visit the Auxiliary Van in the parking lot to sign up for an area.
FRIDAY, JUNE 7, 10am-Noon
We need about 20 people to help us sort/pack 300 bags of cleaning supplies for the LoveDayton outreach.
– Meet at Door 2 (receptionist)
– We’ll be working in the Ministry Center Gym
– We’ll be prepping snack bags and bags of cleaning supplies.
SATURDAY, JUNE 8 – LOVEDAYTON 2019
Our teams have been working all week to get our relief projects scheduled and we’re excited to have you join us on Saturday to reach our community! Here are the details:
– Meet in the CLC sanctuary at 9am SHARP on Saturday, June 8.
– Wear your LoveDayton shirts if you have them! If not, pick one up from the lobby tables when you arrive.
– In the sanctuary, you will receive instructions on what projects we will be doing that day and how we will be deploying all volunteers.
– We’ll be doing a combination of cleanup & clear-out as well as delivering care items to our community.
– Be ready to serve . . . and see you on Saturday!
ALSO, for those who want to start bright and early, we’re teaming up with an awesome group called TEAM RUBICON (a disaster response team). For those who want to be part of this outreach, here are the details:
– Meet us at the CLC van at 7:45am – Saturday, June 8.
– Dayton Sports Complex at 4801 Salem Ave, Dayton, OH 45416.
– They will be deploying people at 8am.
– Volunteers have to be 18+
– Wear long work pants/jeans, and wear heavy-duty work boots. www.teamrubiconusa.org