It is that time again when thousands of people decend on Downtown Dayton and enjoy the sites, sounds and tastes of our twice-a-year downtown party – Urban Nights! Here are some highlights:
– The Urban Nights Main Stage on Courthouse Square will be the location for ArtsFest, featuring previews of the upcoming performing arts seasons from the Zoot Theater Company, The Dayton Playhouse, SMAG, Muse Machine and the Dayton Contemporary Dance Company (among others).. Plus, don’t miss a special concert from 9-11 p.m. when Beatles tribute band Ticket to Ride takes the Main Stage!
– Taste of the Miami Valley at Riverscape
– Very cool art at Summer Space (Excelsior Building in the OD)
– Courteous Mass, the grassroots urban bicycle advocacy group, starts at Fifth Third Field Plaza and rides throughout downtown
– The Dayton Arcade will again be open for tours, and this time hope for this downtown gem will turn to rejoice as its new owners are about to start revitalizing the entire amazing structure!
– Preview the Greater Downtown Dayton Plan – an unprecedented effort involving dozens of organizations and hundreds of volunteers to transform our downtown into a place the entire region can be proud of…
– And much more – just come down and be ready to walk around and imagine Downtown Dayton being like this EVERY weekend! (yes, we can do this)