- This event has passed.
Wagtown Pups on Patios
September 14, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
This fall, the Wagtown Pups on Patios event is the top destination event celebrating what’s new and trending for dogs in Dayton, OH! For a few fun hours in July, we’ll let the dogs out…for a great cause: better lives for dogs. The extreme heat in July caused us to postpone the fun, but now we’re ready to party!
• FREE admission
• dog ice cream social
• adoptable dogs
• Wagtown Dog Trail route sneak peek
• Wagtown Barking Spots artist debut
• showcase of new businesses in the dog world
• giveaways, raffle, prizes and more
• chance to win a #PackADoggyBag backpack
• info on dog-friendly patio dining
• celebrity selfie station with pup portraits by Tom Gilliam Photography
• rescue groups from the Dayton region
• meet champs from 4 Paws For Ability and learn more about service dogs
• behavior specialist (learn to read your dog’s body language)
• information about new area dog parks like Miamisburg, Ohio‘s new Canal Run Dog Park, Huber Heights, Ohio‘s new Dog Park, and pop-up dog parks at Centerville-Washington Park District
• dog treat catching slo-mo video fun
• dog cooling stations complete with pool fun
• tees, totes, buttons, and coolies available for sale to support the project
• information about Pups on Patios legislation that allows the establishment owner to choose a dog-friendliness policy at their own discretion
• Humane Society of Greater Dayton will have pooches available for adoption.
• Luv4K9s will bring rescued puppy mill pooches eligible for adoption
• I Love Petcakes will host an ice cream social at the event and have giveaways
• Paw Patrol Dayton will have rescued dogs available for adoption
At the event, we’ll be announcing the launch of three new dog-friendly projects, including the installation of the nation’s first Wagtown Dog Trail and Wagtown Barking Spots. The Trail is a two-mile paw-printed tour of some of Dayton’s iconic landmarks, dog-friendly venues, and open spaces for dogs to relax with their dog parents. Resting places along the way, called Wagtown Barking Spots, will provide a place to connect with dog pals, get info on what’s going on for dog lovers, and activate spaces in our region through the ultimate social lubricant…DOGS!
*Dogs in attendance must be licensed, spayed/neutered, vaccinated, on leash, and friendly toward dogs and people. All breeds welcome.