- This event has passed.
Virtual Workshop: Beginning Watercolor with Ashlee Kilgore
May 29 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$20
Join the DSA virtually via Zoom for a beginners watercolor workshop. The workshop is for ages 16+. Great for those looking to venture into watercolor painting or for just a one-time experience! Grab your roommate or spouse and learn something new at home. Instructor, Ashlee Kilgore, will lead the class through beginning techniques, and will guide participants through their own watercolor painting. Participants are responsible for supplying their materials (if purchasing new through Amazon expected cost with prime shipping is $28.95).
Registration Now Open for Members ($15)
Public Registration opens May 14, 2020 ($20)
Please register each attendee even if you’re sharing a screen.
- two cups for water that you don’t mind getting messy
- paper towels, napkins, or rags for blotting paper/drying brushes
- watercolor palette. Any water repellent surface will do: lid of watercolor paints, coated paper plate, etc (or purchase a paint pallet)
- brushes: minimum of one round and one flat brush (set on amazon)
- watercolor paints. Any will do to get started. Pan or tube is fine. (set on amazon)
- watercolor paper. Any will do to get started. Recommended at least 9×12 size. Mixed media paper is acceptable. (pad on amazon) Instructor will be working with 18×24 and cutting down if necessary
Ashlee Kilgore graduated from Sinclair Community College with an associates of art in 2019. She has been leading painting workshops both at a local art supply store and privately for over two years. She is a busy mom of two pursuing her art career in multiple areas ranging from photography, paint, ceramics, and sculpture.
Zoom is an virtual meeting app that can be downloaded to your smartphone or computer. A meeting link will be sent out via e-mail before the workshop.
Supporting Artists Workshops
In response to lost opportunities and in line with its mission to “connect, support, and educate artists and the community” the DSA is promoting artist-led workshops where 100% of the profits will go directly to the artists.