- This event has passed.
The Historic Germantown 8K presented by New Balance Dayton
August 1 @ 6:00 am - 9:00 am
The Historic Germantown 8K is the 2nd race in the Miami Valley Race Series which includes four races spanning the entire Miami Valley (other events listed below). The race offers a stunningly beautiful certified course that passes along Twin Creek, runs past corn fields and down shaded paths, through the Germantown Covered Bridge, and then makes its way through historic Germantown to the finish. Trust us when we say this will be your new favorite summertime race!. All runners will receive the following;
– Official Race Tech Tee
– Gorgeous Finisher Medal (complete the Crossroads 5K, Brook Mills 10K, and Gem City Classic 15K/5K to earn a custom medal rack to display your medals!)
– Free race photos
– Live music from DJ Ron Perry
– USATF certified and fast race course
– Chip timing
– Excellent selection of post-race food
– Handmade in the USA wooden awards for Overall, Masters, and
Age Group winners three deep.
– Portion of race entry supports the Historical Society of Germantown
– One step closer to earning the coveted custom medal rack to display your medals!
Half Mile Kids’ Fun Run presented by Dayton Children’s Hospital participants will receive:
– Custom finisher medal
– Custom race bib
– And of course we will let you enjoy the post-race food too!
For runners who want a season of challenges, complete all four races and earn a a custom medal rack which to proudly display your medals!
The Crossroads 5K –
The Brook Mills 10K –
The Gem City Classic 15K/5K –
Top 3 overall, masters, and age group winners will receive custom handmade wooden awards to commemorate their accomplishment!
1st M/F – $150
2nd M/F – $100
3rd M/F – $75
Course Record Bonus – $50
Men’s Record – 24.34.1 (Jack Randall, 2019)
Women’s Record – 27:26.8 (Maria Scavuzzo, 2019)