- This event has passed.
Map and Compass Course
September 8 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Looking to develop compass skills for a local trail? Or a backcountry backpacking trip? Join Trek and Paddle for the Compass On-Trail Course to gain foundational “on-trail” compass skills! Use this opportunity to introduce yourself to or refresh your compass skills in a hands on learning environment.
This course contains the following skills:
• Measuring Distances on Map
• Reading a trail map
• Reading a compass in the field
• Taking a compass bearing in the field
• Following a compass bearing in the field
221 N Main St, Centerville, OH 45459
Less than 1 mile of hiking
ESSENTIAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
The following requirements must be met in order to participate in this trip.
Please let us know if there are any issues.
• The participant must independently participate in all individual skills and activities listed in the trip description.
• The participant must be able to effectively communicate with the trip leader and other trip participants.
• The participant must be able to manage all personal care independently, or with the assistance of a companion.
• The participant must be able to manage all personal mobility independently, or with the assistance of a companion.
Participants are responsible to know their own abilities and skills and are responsible for their own safety and comfort. Trek and Paddle Adventures will not make any such determination; however, we will be happy to answer your questions or concerns. Outdoor activities may require some strenuous exercise.
If you do not meet the requirements listed above, or if you have any questions, email us at [email protected] or call (937) 938-5009 and ask to be connected to a program staff.
If no spots are available, please call (937) 938-5009 to be added to the wait list.