- This event has passed.
Fashion, Mission, & Mingle: Tornado Relief
July 12, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pmDonations Requested
On May 27, 2019, 15 tornadoes ripped through the Miami Valley, affecting thousands of people and leaving at least 600 families homeless. Like many of you, we too were out assisting with the cleanup and relief efforts, and are working to make sure that not only the long term needs of these families are met, we also want to make sure that we are also showing continuous support for those grassroots efforts who stepped up in a major way to help these families.
Our anniversary is always celebrated via community outreach initiatives and this year in celebration of our 6th anniversary, we will host Fashion, Mission, & Mingle where fashion and outreach meet.
While supporting the Tornado Relief efforts of SoLoved during this event, we are also providing opportunities for Fashion Professionals to gain additional knowledge about the business and marketing aspects of the industry as well! Fashion, Mission & Mingle will feature presentations and a panel discussion with industry insiders. Believe us when we say, you don’t want to miss this celebration.
Date: Friday, July 12th, 2019
Location: Dayton International Peace Museum, 208 W Monument Ave, Dayton, OH 45402
Admission: We are requesting that attendees donate the following items to cover admission; all donations will directly benefit SoLoved’s Tornado Relief efforts.
- Monetary Donations: to cover security deposits, first month rent, and storage fees
- Body Wash
- Hair Care Products
- Paper Towels
- Moving/Packing Tape
- Trash Bags
- Laundry Detergent
- Cleaning Products
- Baby Items
- Pull Ups (all sizes)
Event Details: We will be celebrating and supporting grass roots organization So Loved that led the way in clean up and relief efforts, Founder Ashley Browning will be in the building to share her story. This is also an opportunity for out community outreach organization to share your work and solicit additional support related.
We will also have the Zontaye Richardson and Lissa Cupp, owners of two of Dayton’s most popular boutiques and retails businesses TheZe DealZ- A Thrifty Boutique and Style Encore Centerville in the building to help aspiring, emerging and established designers navigate their way as business owners.
This event will also feature:
- Mini Fashion Show featuring (DE-FI) Models wearing looks from both TheZe DealZ and Style Encore
- Panel Discussions featuring Caressa L. Brown, (DE-FI) , Ashley Browning, So Loved, Zontaye Richardson, TheZe DealZ, and Lissa Cupp, Style Encore
- Speed Networking here’s your chance to connect with some of the areas established and up and coming fashion professionals and community leaders
- Fashion Plugs Have your 30 second elevator speech ready because this is your chance to plug your fashion business
- Community Outreach Plugs Have your 30 second elevator speech ready because this is your chance to plug your community outreach efforts