- This event has passed.
Early Risers Academy Pitch Night — Spring 2020 Cohort
June 11 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
Early Risers Academy is a free, 10-week, pre-accelerator program designed to take participants from business idea to business launch.
On Thursday, June 11, graduates from our spring 2020 virtual cohort will pitch for a $1K prize!
You’ll hear pitches for:
• STEM Whisperers, a Marketing Technology (MarTech)-focused College & Career Readiness STEM program specifically designed to end the School-to-Prison Pipeline. Our culturally-relevant, evidenced-based curriculum meets troubled students where they are, exposes them to MarTech career paths, and sprouts scholars from statistics to significance.
• CB Cakes & More, sweets specialist, creating desserts such as cookies, cakes, cupcakes, and so much more, providing specialty dessert options for all your special occasions. We use quality ingredients to satisfy your sweet tooth, with prices to satisfy your wallet.
• Whitney Brewer Photography, an unparalleled photography and coaching service specializing in empowering self-love, confidence and authenticity in growth-oriented individuals.
• College Thrifts, a resale platform that seeks to create an inclusive college experience for students by providing an affordable and sustainable way for students to sport their school.
• 67b Bookkeeping, working to empower creative entrepreneurs to make smart business decisions by bringing clarity & understanding to their finances. Let 67b handle the books so you can handle your business.
• Cardigan Radio, a Dayton-based podcast-production platform that is focused on making the process of creating fictional audio dramas accessible for independent artists. We strive to bring together writers, actors, directors, and producers to create stories that are both entertaining and convey an impactful message.
• Jalal: UniMart, a student marketplace on which students of same university can sell/buy belongings from each other or even rent. Also they can shop online with the opportunity of receiving their purchase before whole payment.
• BOSH Kids (Body•Organic•Science•Hair), unleashing creativity! Our all-natural DIY, high quality and reusable bath and body kits are focused on creating fun at-home STEM experiences for girls ages 8-14. It’s not enough to make the packaging pink and call it a girls ‘toy,” at BOSH Kids, we focus on using girls’ natural play patterns to CREATE SPARKS of JOY in learning (with a dash of pink and glitter).
• What’s the Biz with TJ, a multi-faceted company that focuses on increasing black businesses’ customer bases by highlighting the stories of black business owners through a quirky web series and an intentional digital experience.
Early Risers Academy is designed for aspiring founders in any industry. We’re particularly excited to work with more women and minority founders.
Participants complete Kauffman FastTrac coursework from the nationally-renowned Kauffman Foundation, receive pitch coaching and hands-on mentoring, weekly discussions with successful entrepreneurs and experts, & access to Dayton’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.
These workshops can also be valuable for founders early in their small business journey, or who jumped right into their business without formally developing the plans behind it and are now discovering they need some of that paperwork in place to grow.
Learn more & apply for an upcoming Early Risers Academy cohort here.