- This event has passed.
Dog Scavenger Hunt by Wagtown
October 3 @ 12:01 amFree
The Wagtown Hashtag Challenge is this Saturday, October 3, 2020.
WE’LL REVEAL THE DOG SCAVENGER HUNT CLUES ON THIS PAGE AT 12:00 AM ON 10/3/2020.
YOU’LL HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THE SCAVENGER HUNT.
WHAT IS IT?
• Go on a fun walk along the Wagtown Dog Trail with your dog on October 3.
• Find cool places along the Downtown Dayton Wagtown Dog Trail.
• Take and share some great photos at each clue location on your Instagram account.
• Tag and use hashtags as specified in the rules in order to be considered for fame and fortune!
$100 CASH (courtesy of The Trolley Stop and their dog-friendly patio), goodie basket, and Wagtown swag!
$75 CASH, goodie bag, and Wagtown swag!
$50 CASH and Wagtown swag!
$20 gift card from Lily’s Bistro (FYI, they also have a dog-friendly patio!) and Wagtown swag.
Best photo with the Wagtown Barking Spot at 416 Diner: (FYI, they too have a dog-friendly patio.)
Gift Basket including a Dog Birthday Kit from Bark Day Kit, pooch spoiling essentials, and Wagtown swag!
HOW THE WAGTOWN HASHTAG CHALLENGE WORKS:
• At 12:01 AM on OCTOBER 3, we’ll reveal the Dog Scavenger Hunt clues and rules here at https://www.wagtown.org/hashtagchallenge.
• All of the hashtags to be used in challenge will be announced on this webpage. Consider this page to be a VIRTUAL TREASURE MAP for you and your dog.
• 24-HOUR LIMIT. All of your entries must be shared on Instagram using the rules of the challenge by midnight on October 3, 2020.
• Selected best entries who complete all tasks will be entered to win cash, prizes, and fame (featured on our website and social media)!
PRO TIPS ON HOW TO WIN THE WAGTOWN HASHTAG CHALLENGE:
• Follow Wagtown on Instagram @wagtown and watch here on our Facebook page for announcements and updates.
• Keep in mind that when we judge the entries, we’ll be looking at your photography skills, use of hashtags, geotagging, as well as fun and relevant use of captions.
• Familiarize yourself with the Wagtown Dog Trail at HERE. Knowing the route will help speed up your hunt and help you find destinations.
• Complete all of the challenge criteria. We’ll be very detailed about clue specifics.
ATTIRE: How’s this for fun! Instead of gathering together in these Covid days, simply wear your favorite “dog shirt.” Whether it’s from your fav animal advocate group or your best shirt that screams, “I love dogs!,” have fun with it.
NOTE: Before emBARKing on this fun adventure, assess your dog to see if they would have fun, too. As always, make sure that your dog is friendly with both people and other dogs, has up-to-date vaccinations, is wearing their collar with tags and ID, and is always under your control. Retractable leashes are not advised unless you lock it at less than 6 feet.
The Wagtown Dog Scavenger Hunt zone is a downtown area with traffic and crossings. Please be sure to be conscientious around crossings and busy areas with your dog to keep everyone safe.