- This event has passed.
Dayton Poetry Slam
August 2 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm$2
We’re going to have our first in person slam in several months tonight. We will kick the evening off with a round of open mic, and then we’ll dive into the slam.
We should have the issues we two weeks ago with the YouTube stream resolved at this event. So, if you’re unable to attend or don’t feel comfortable going out we will have a digital option available. You can find our YouTube page here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbuZszXeQWmjIqSbDEWirRA
If you plan to attend in person, the rules Yellow Cab Tavern and ourselves are putting in place are below.
Please Note – Everything after this is subject to change based on any new developments with Covid-19 resulting any changes issued by the governor, Yellow Cab Tavern, or Dayton Poetry Slam. As this show is outdoors, last minute changes can also occur due to rain.
The maximum number of people we can have at this show is ninety (90).
First things first, we understand not everyone is going to be comfortable going back in public to watch a poetry show. We hear you, your concerns are valid, and we’ve already got a way for you to watch our show from the comfort of your own home. We’re going to stream the show live on our YouTube page check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbuZszXeQWmjIqSbDEWirRA
Secondly, as we said above, if you’re going to come to the show there are rules. Covid-19 is still a thing in this world, and we’re working with Yellow Cab Tavern to make sure that we do everything we can to balance hosting a live show with keeping you all safe if you choose to attend. With that said, here are the rules.
1) If you are sick, have a fever, or have been around someone who is or has tested positive for Covid-19, please enjoy our show via YouTube. We are excited to see you, we want everyone to be as safe as possible when it happens.
2) There will be fifteen (15) tables available. The number of chairs at each table, are the maximum number of people that can sit there. Please do not move tables to increase the number of people that can sit at one table.
3) You can only sit with the people you arrive with. If you want to sit with your friends, please coordinate to arrive together or meetup before sitting down.
4) We will have two mics set up, one for the host and one for everyone reading. The reason for this, is we will be sanitizing the mic each time a new person uses it. Having one mic for the hosts will helps us keep the flow of the show going.
5) We will only be accepting digital and card payments for the $2 admission for this event.
Admission: $2 (Digital or Card Only – No Cash)