Downtown’s next free First Friday art hop will be held from 5 to 10 p.m. Friday, Jan. 4, 2013.
First Friday is presented by the Downtown Dayton Partnership with support from the Oregon District Business Association, the Ohio Arts Council and WYSO-FM 91.3. The Downtown Dayton Partnership’s website has a complete list of downtown’s arts and cultural amenities, as well as a dining guide, parking map, event calendar (powered by Dayton Most Metro) and much more. Download the Find It Downtown mobile search tool for smartphones at http://mobile.downtowndayton.org.
• CADC, 35 S. St. Clair St.: Featuring live music and appetizers. Call 313-9883.
• Dayton Society of Painters and Sculptors, 48 High St.: (Open 5 to 8 p.m.) The closing weekend reception of the New Members Invitational Exhibit. Call 228-4532.
• Dayton Visual Arts Center, 118 N. Jefferson St.: (Open 5 to 8 p.m.) Featuring a short show exhibition by Leesa Haapapuro and the K12 Gallery for Young People’s home-schooled students, as well as free popcorn and public workshops. Call 224-3822.
• Gallery 510 Fine Art, 510 E. Fifth St.: View local art and shop a variety of handmade items, including ceramics, jewelry, scarves, art, purses and more. Call 672-6717.
• Blind Bob’s, 430 E. Fifth St.: Live music by The Footmenat 9 p.m. Call 938-6405.
• De’Lish Café, 139 N. Main St.: Hosting jazz band Premium Blend and happy hour specials for a mix and mingle with downtown business professionals. Call 461-2233.
• Jay’s Seafood, 225 E. Sixth St.: Live music by Puzzle of Light at 9 p.m. Call 222-2892.
• Omega Music, 318 E. Fifth St.: Live music beginning at 7 p.m. Call 275-9949.
• Trolley Stop,530 E. Fifth St.: Live music by the Winter Sounds beginning at 9:30 p.m. Call 461-1101.
Food and Drink
• Coco’s Bistro, 250 Warren St.: 15 percent off food. Call 228-2626.
• Deaf Monty’s Wine, 22 Brown St.: $2 tastings of select wines. Call 225-9463.
• Dublin Pub, 300 Wayne Ave.: No cover and 20 percent off food. Call 224-7822.
• Franco’s Ristorante Italiano, 824 E. Fifth St.: 10 percent off food. Call 222-0204.
• Lucky’s Taproom and Eatery, 520 E. Fifth St.: Dinner specials, along with the special tapping of a firkin of craft beer. Call 222-6800.
• Olive, an urban dive, 416 E. Third St.: Featuring photography by local artist Elizabeth Cambron. Call 222-DIVE (3483).
• Oregon Express, 336 E. Fifth St.: Featuring a happy-hour band and half-price pizza from 4 to 8 p.m., with additional live music at 9:30 p.m. Call 223-9205.
• Smokin’ Bar-B-Que,200 E. Fifth St.: 10 percent off food. Call 586-9790.
• Thai 9, 11 Brown St.: 15 percent off food. Call 477-7758.
• Uno Chicago Grill, 126 N. Main St.: 10 percent off food. Call 910-8000.
• Grass Roots Enrichment and Wellness Center, 400 E. Fifth St. Suite C: (Open 5 to 8 p.m.) Featuring photographs by Randy Jennings, a free introduction to Reiki and massage therapy, hands-on activities for kids, and information on upcoming programs for children, teens and adults. Call 723-6747.
• The Neon, 130 E. Fifth St.: Call 222-SHOW (7469) for films and show times.
• RiverScape MetroPark, MetroParks Ice Rink, 111 E. Monument Ave: Ice skate from 5 to 9 p.m.; $7 includes admission and skate rental. The park’s concession will be open to purchase hot chocolate and other snacks. Call 278-2607.
• Urban Krag, 125 Clay St.: Climbing gym open until 11 p.m. Call 224-5724.
• Wiley’s Comedy Niteclub,101 Pine St.: Tyrone Hawkins at 9 p.m.; tickets $12. Call 224-5653.
• Amore! Designer Consignment Boutique, 16 Brown St.: Hosting a winter sale with complimentary appetizers. Call 367-5941.
• Beaute Box, 116 W. Fifth St.: Free makeup lessons. Call 903-3165.
• Hangar18, 114 N. St. Clair St.: Featuring 15 to 20 percent offselect items. Call 830-9875.
• Peace on Fifth, 510 E. Fifth St.: Fair-trade food tasting. Call 367-7215.
• Record Gallery, 16 Brown St.: Featuring 20 percent off collectable albums and 10 percent off general merchandise. Call 224-3277.
• Sew Dayton, 16 Brown St.: Hosting a gift basket raffle to benefit local charity Clothes That Work. The gift basket contains fabrics, buttons and other sewing items and is valued at $100. Tickets to the raffle are $2 each. Call 234-7398.
• ReCreate, 438 E. Fifth St.: Sale on select items, including new and used instruments, other music-related items, and original artwork. Call 938-8181.