Three months of collaborative art making at Blue Sky Project concludes on Saturday, September 15 at 6:00 PM with a final exhibition, “Creative Surprises”. The evening will feature the work of seven Blue Sky resident artists, all of whom spent a part of their summer in Dayton, collaborating with area youth and local artists.
A program of Involvement Advocacy, Blue Sky Project is a summer experience that empowers professional artists from around the world and Dayton-area teens to collaborate and build community through the creation of ambitious works of contemporary art and performance.
Blue Sky’s objectives are threefold:
- Provide an environment for the Resident Artists to extend their own artistic exploration and studio practice in a unique collaborative setting with youth and the community;
- Develop the leadership, self-awareness, critical-thinking, communication and collaborative skills of the Teen Participants through Blue Sky Project’s unique contemporary art making process;
- Enhance the reputation and vibrancy of the region through increased engagement and creative energy.
Since its inception in 2005, work produced at Blue Sky Project has been exhibited and sold at museums, galleries and festivals in the United States, Europe, Africa and Asia, and been featured in The New Yorker, The New York Times, Art in America and FiberArt.
The 2012 resident artist are:
• Michael Casselli, Yellow Springs, OH
• Shaw Pong Liu, Boston, MA
• Katherine Mann, Washington, D.C.
• Kaz McCue & Pamela Ayres, Leeland, MI
• Adam Parker Smith, Brooklyn, NY
• Rodney Veal, Dayton, OH
Blue Sky Project is made possible with the generous support of the University of Dayton College of Arts and Sciences, the Ohio Arts Council and hundreds of foundation, corporate and individual supporters.
Tickets for “Creative Surprises,” which takes place at 8 North Main Street in the PNC Bank Building, are $25. The evening will include visual art, live performances, door prizes, food, drink, and of course, creative surprises.
Tickets for “Creative Surprises” are available online or by calling 937.732.5123.
(submitted by Peter Benkendorf – founder and co-creator of Blue Sky Project)
Dayton Most Metro Ticket Contest
We have TWO TICKET PAIRS to give away for “Creative Surprises” on September 15 ($50 value)! Just fill out the form below and then leave a comment telling us that you want to win. We’ll announce winners on Friday 9/7 – GOOD LUCK!
Congratulations to our winners: