The 4th annual Victoria Theatre Association online auction runs from Monday, Dec. 2 to Sunday, Dec. 8. Titled, Starring Role, the auction features more than 200 one-of-a-kind items such as theatre memorabilia, restaurant gift certificates, unique travel experiences, and much more! Proceeds from the auction will support The Frank M. Tait Foundation Discovery Series, which offers live theatre experiences for schoolchildren.
Looking for the perfect gift? Look no further! Victoria’s Starring Role Online Auction offers a myriad of items including:
- 4 day trip to California’s Wine Country
- Cooking class for 8 w/ Chef Tim Schonsheck of Citilites at the Schuster
- Gift certificates to local restaurants
- Theatre Packages to SISTER ACT, Disney’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, ALTON BROWN: THE INEVITABLE EDIBLE TOUR and more!
Do you love the Broadway musicals WICKED and THE LION KING or know someone who does? Bid on handbags and totes created from a Broadway WICKED or THE LION KING banner. Local artist Tim Titer creates functional items by upcycling materials that were headed to the landfill and has transformed the banners hung outside the Schuster Center into beautiful and functional messenger bags and totes. Each one is unique in design! 10% of the proceeds from the sale of the bags will go to benefit AIDS Resource Center Ohio!.
Victoria’s Starring Role Online Auction is the perfect way to get your holiday shopping done and support Victoria Theatre Association at the same time.
With a goal to raise $35,000, the online auction committee has been working hard to create creative and meaningful packages for Victoria’s Starring Role Online Auction. Every item purchased through the auction will support The Frank M. Tait Foundation Discovery Series which reaches more than 30,000 students throughout the Miami Valley. Your support helps local kids experience the arts through Victoria Theatre Association. Be a hero this holiday season and buy the perfect gift through VTA’s Starring Role Online Auction!
Prices of the auction items range from $15 to $5,000 and all purchases will be received mid-December for holiday gift giving.
“Our committee worked hard to have a wide variety of auction items that appeal to a variety of interests,” says Karen Meade, VTA Advancement Director. “It’s fun to think of it as convenient, one-stop shopping in the comfort of your own home – or office – that benefits Victoria Theatre Association’s extensive education and outreach programs.”
Visit http://victoriatheatre.com/support/auction and view all the auction items in advance of the auction start date. Or simply follow these steps:
- Step 1: Go to www.biddingforgood.com.
- Step 2: Find the “bidders” tab in the upper right corner of the homepage and click “Register.”
- Step 3: Fill out the free and no obligation personal information fields.
- Step 4: Once you have registered, enter your username and password in the upper right corner and click the “Sign In” button.
- Step 5: When you are signed in, using the search field, search for Victoria Theatre Association.
- Step 6: Bid on items you like.
- Step 7: Check back and check often to make sure you aren’t outbid!
Victoria’s Starring Role Online Auction ends at 8 p.m., December 8, 2013. Winners will be contacted regarding details of collecting their purchases. Dave Ahlstrom (Sebaly Shilito & Dyer) serves as the 2013 Online Auction Chair with committee members: Nina Anglin (Oakwood Florist), Jocelin Baker ([email protected]), Mimi Combs (Oakwood Florist), Jennifer Enseleit (Harris Systems, Inc.), Kris Hopkins (Community Volunteer) and Regina Menza (Premier Health Partners).