Nicholas Allen has plenty of ideas. Who can forget the time he turned his third-grade classroom into a tropical island, or the time he fooled his teacher by chirping like a blackbird? But when Nick learns an interesting tidbit about words and where they come from, it inspires his greatest plan yet: to invent a new word. From now on, a pen is no longer a pen–it’s a frindle. It doesn’t take long for “frindle” to take root, and soon the excitement spreads well beyond his school and town. His parents and Mrs. Granger would like Nick to put an end to all this nonsense. But “frindle” doesn’t belong to Nick anymore. All he can do now is sit back and watch what happens. This quirky, imaginative tale about creative thought and the power of words will have you inventing your own words before the curtain comes down.
Victoria Theatre Association is presenting FRINDLE December 1 and 2 at 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. in the historic Victoria Theatre. Tickets are on sale now at the Ticket Center Stage Box Office for $15, via phone (937) 228.3630 or online at www.ticketcenterstage.com. Purchase a season subscription and see the three remaining shows in the PNC Family Series for $30 dollars!
NEW FAMILY WORKSHOPS and PNC STORYTIME!
Family Workshops at just $5 per child—parents attend for free!
- · Learn about juggling, miming, bouncing and more with the Cincinnati Circus Company.
- · Workshops begin at 2:15 p.m. between the Saturday and Sunday shows.
- · Workshop includes a tasty, kid-friendly snack.
- · PNC Storytime begins at 3 p.m. on Saturdays.
- · Appropriate for children ages 5-10.
- · Parents may tag along to watch for free.