Culture Works and the Montgomery County Arts and Cultural District (MCACD) invite Montgomery County artists of all disciplines to apply for funding through the 2020–2021 Artist Opportunity Grant program. The MCACD is providing $40,000 to support artists’ pursuit of professional development opportunities and the creation of new works. Individual grants will range from $500–$3,000.
Artists can apply through the Culture Works website from August 10, 2020 through October 9, 2020. The project or opportunity for which an applicant seeks funding must take place between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021. Applications will be reviewed by an independent panel, and funding decisions will be announced later in the fall.
Culture Works will host an Artist Opportunity Grant Webinar for individuals interested in learning more about the application process:
Artist Opportunity Grant Webinar
Tuesday, August 25, 2020
Noon-1:00pm via Zoom
To be eligible for the Artist Opportunity Grant program, applicants must:
- Be a resident of Montgomery County, Ohio, with a valid street address (no P.O. boxes)
- Be a United States citizen or a permanent legal resident
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a professional artist or creative entrepreneur. This is defined as someone who:
- Has specialized training in the field (not limited to academic training; may be self taught)
- Is recognized as a “professional” by peers (artists working in the same discipline)
- Has at least a one-year history of public presentation or publication.
Applicants should review the complete 2020-2021 Artist Opportunity Grant Guidelinesbefore beginning the application process.
More About the Program:
When evaluating applications, panelists consider each proposed project’s artistic merit, feasibility, potential impact on the artist, and potential impact on the larger community. Because the program is publicly funded, it’s important for applicants to make their work available/accessible to the general public of Montgomery County in some way (e.g., a performance, exhibition, presentation, publication, workshop, class).