The Dayton Performing Arts Alliance is starting a new summer children’s education program, called BEBOP – Beginning Experiences in Ballet, Opera and Philharmonic. The aim is to provide children, ages 8-10, early exposure to ballet, opera and the philharmonic orchestra during a week-long day camp filled with experiences designed to encourage creativity, to motivate curiosity and to inspire a life-long love of the arts.
We have an opportunity to help launch BEBOP through matching funds at .50 to every dollar donated! The project is live on CultureWorks’s Power 2 Give site and we are 89% to our goal! If you care about exposing kids to the arts, this would be a great way to help! Please consider a donation and share with your friends!
Is your child 8-10 years of age? Would you like them to experience the performing arts? This is a wonderful opportunity to do exactly that! This summer camp will be held at Wright State University June 15th-19th , 10am-3pm daily. Campers will explore:
- The communicative and expressive value of dance, singing and instrumental music!
- The ways that all three art forms work together, and the qualities that makes them unique!
- Improvisation and movement!
- A basic understanding of how to use their voices in song!
- How orchestral instruments work!
- Creating an information original performance piece!
Download a brochure with additional information here:
Register here: http://daytonperformingarts.org/BEBOP
For more information contact Gloria Pugh at 937-224-3521 Ext. 1118 or [email protected]
THANK YOU to DP&L Foundation for matching funds, and Culture Works for facilitating this and on-going support!