Broadway blockbuster Wicked flies into the Benjamin and Marian Schuster Performing Arts Center May 30 through June 24, and downtown Dayton is getting into the Emerald City spirit. Many downtown businesses are planning special deals, promotions and activities for the estimated 73,600 people heading downtown for the show.
The Downtown Dayton Partnership’s Wicked Deals Web page has a complete listing of promotions for those off to see the musical, as well as parking information and more. This year’s deals are:
Dining and Nightlife
• Blind Bob’s: 430 E. Fifth St., 937-938-6405 ― Receive 10 percent off food when you present your Wicked ticket and enjoy a special Wicked-themed appetizer.
• Boston Stoker: 34 W. Second St., 937-223-1224 ― Try special Wicked-themed desserts and coffee drinks.
• Boulevard Haus: 329 E. Fifth St., 937-824-2722 ― Get 10 percent off food when you present your Wicked ticket.
• Citilites: 109 N. Main St., Schuster Center Wintergarden, 937-222-0623 ― Enjoy wickedly refreshing Melon Mojitos and chef specials, including tempura fried soft shell crabs with Glinda’s roasted green tomato buerre blanc.
• Coco’s Bistro: 515 Wayne Ave., 937-228-2626 ―Featuring $5 Wicked-themed cocktails and appetizers, along with 15 percent off food when you present your Wicked ticket.
• Crowne Plaza Hotel Rooftop Restaurant: 33 E. Fifth St., 937-224-0800 ― Featuring half-price light meals, snacks and desserts nightly starting at 10 p.m. for the “10 O’clock Cast Party.” Bar service continues through midnight on weekdays and until 2:30 a.m. on weekends. The restaurant also will premiere two Wicked-themed cocktails: the “Good Witch” and the “Bad Witch.”
• Dayton Racquet Club: 40 N. Main St., 29th floor, 937-224-4381 ― A three-course dinner will be offered starting at 5:30 p.m. for $35 per person plus tax and gratuity. Wicked ticket holders who are not members of the Dayton Racquet Club will be extended a “Member for a Day” pass. The club is open for dinner Tuesday through Saturday and is closed on Sunday and Monday. Reservations are required.
• De’Lish: 139 N. Main St., 937-461-2233 ― Featuring three specialty themed drinks (the Oz-Mopolitan, Wicked Tea and Emerald City Martini), along with themed menu items, no cover for Friday and Saturday night entertainment and 10 percent off food, including the Sunday brunch buffet, when you present your Wicked ticket.
•The Dublin Pub: 300 Wayne Ave., 937-224-7822 ― Try a spooky Wicked martini made with Absolut lemon vodka, Midori melon liqueur, lemonade and a cube of dry ice. Additionally, enjoy 20 percent off food when you present your Wicked ticket.
• Jay’s Seafood Restaurant: 225 E. Sixth St., 937-222-2892 ― Offering 10 percent off all food.
• Lucky’s Taproom & Eatery: 520 E. Fifth St., 937-222-6800 ― Get 10 percent off food when you present your Wicked ticket for the same day’s performance.
• Olive, an urban dive: 416 E. Third St., 937-222-3483 ― Featuring extended hours throughout the month of June. Open 5 to 9 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday; 5 to 10 p.m. Thursday through Saturday. Also open for brunch Saturday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.; weekdays for lunch 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Sa-Bai: 200 S. Jefferson St., 937-535-2900 ― Enjoy a special Wicked-themed cocktail for $4.95 and 20 percent off food.
• SideBar: 410 E. Fifth St., 937-723-9415 ― Offering 15 percent off food.
• Thai 9: 11 Brown St., 937-222-3227 ― Get 15 percent off food when you present your Wicked ticket.
• Uno Chicago Grill: 126 N. Main St., 937-910-8000 ― Featuring two special Wicked-themed drinks for $4.99 each, in addition to a special menu for Wicked patrons.
• Basho Apparel: 521 E. Fifth St., 937-767-9006 ― Get 20 percent off one item per day when you show your ticket.
• Beaute Box: 116 W. Fifth St., 937-903-3165 ― Offering 25 percent off any service.
• Dayton Art Institute: 456 Belmonte Park North, 937-223-5277 ― Enjoy $9 admission to one of three special exhibits when you present a Wicked ticket: “Changing Landscapes: Contemporary Fiber Art,” or “Maya Lin: Flow,” on display through June 17, or “Stephen Knapp: Light Paintings,” from Oct. 6 through Jan. 6, 2013. The DAI also will display its own wicked witch for a limited period of time. Stay tuned to www.daytonartinstitute.org for details and dates.
• Human Race Theatre Company: 138 N. Main St., 937-228-3630 ― Present a Wicked ticket for 20 percent off adult tickets to the new musical Band Geeks! at the Loft Theatre, May 31 through June 17. Purchase tickets at the Schuster Center box office or order online at www.ticketcenterstage.com and use the special price code “geeks” at checkout. Limit four tickets per order.
• Jimmy Modern: 605 E. Fifth St., 937-520-3782 ― Take 10 percent off your purchase with a Wicked ticket.
• My Father’s House Childcare and Learning Center: 35 S. Jefferson St., 937-297-0477 ― Offering drop-off childcare during Wicked performances, with discounts available to parents who enroll in a weekly childcare program. Drop off will begin at 6:15 p.m. and end at 11:15 p.m., with registration from 6:15 to 7:15 p.m. Services available from May 30 to June 2, June 5 to 8, June 12 to 15 and June 19 to 23.
• Peace on Fifth: 519 E. Fifth St., 937-367-7215 ― Get 10 percent off your purchase when you present your Wicked ticket, day of the performance only. Peace on Fifth Facebook fans will receive 15 percent off their purchase when they present a Wicked ticket the day of the performance, as well as up to two days afterward.
Tickets still are available for Wicked, the “untold story of the witches of Oz.” To purchase tickets and for more information on the show, visit the Victoria Theatre Association’s website.
The Downtown Dayton Partnership’s Web site, www.downtowndayton.org, has a complete list of downtown’s arts and cultural amenities, as well as a calendar of events, complete dining guide, parking map and much more.