The Menus in concert for free, 15 Food Vendors, Bocce Ball, Cooking Demos, and Beer. Foodies and hungry people of Dayton, we proudly announce that Garlic Fest is ready for you this Sunday. Dayton Most Metro and Food Adventures has the EXCLUSIVE SCOOP on food and timeline of the day!
This is the ONLY spot that will list EVERY food vendor and point you in the way of a great garlic loving time!
Come out……. it is in your breath interest !
HERE’S THE SKINNY:
— The event is FREE & will be held from NOON – 8PM
FOOD AND TIMELINE:
11:30am: The Bocce Classic bocce ball tournament will be underway, and food vendors will be warming up their grills and kitchens.
FOOD VENDORS IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER (food booths will be open noon-8pm).
12pm NOON (Food & Beer will be available until 8pm)
1) THE AMBER ROSE RESTAURANT: Look for the kings of comfort food, to throw a Lithuanian twist into Garlic Fest. Look for some Garlic Cheese Fries and a Mini Garlic Monkey bread creation. It looks like owner Joe Castellano will be showcasing his Italian roots as well!
2) BRIXX ICE CO.: What is a festival without Brixx? Chef and owner Chris Bhai always pushes the envelope while hitting home runs in taste. His menu will have Grilled Wings tossed in your choice of sauces including Award winning Spicy Garlic, Sriracha BBQ, or Creamy Parmesan. Also, look for an Italian Bologna Sandwich on Sun Dried Foccocia with Brixx Signature sauce. Garlic Parm Chicken on roll and homemade kettle chips will please too.. The MUST EAT is Garlic Mortadella Mac N Cheese…(((BOOM)).
3) EL MESON: The Latin food world will be well represented at Garlic Fest. El Meson will feature their famous Paella, as well as their incredible food truck menu. Their South American gourmet food is made with love, and you can taste it in every bite. Served with incredible presentation, the food tastes even better than it looks. Our Must Eats here are the Paella and Empanadas
4) GIOVANNI’S: The Italian pride of Fairborn is no stranger to garlic. They promise to feature a Garlic and Gorganzola Stuffed Burger, and Garlic Pulled Pork Sandwich with Coleslaw, among other treats. Our must eats here are the Italian Steamed Clams. Chef Cassaundra Spaziani is bringing the good to the fest!
5) GYRO PALACE: How about a Middle Eastern spin on garlic? Look now further than the masters at Gyro Palace. They are featuring garlic hummus, chicken shawarma and falafel with garlic sauce. Last but not least, their signature Gyros are MUST EATS, and will have a garlic Tzatki sauce.
6) KOWALSKI HOTS: The NY Hot dog guy brings his cart to fest with a garlic twist… literally. He will feature garlic butter breadsticks and a Garlic Dog with Sauerkraut option. He will have his regular hot dog menu available too. Try the Zweigel Red Hots with coney sauce or the Hoffmans brand White Hots with Hoffman’s Mustard &onions. These are Big Ragu and Hungry Jax’s faves. Thank us later.
7) MAMMA DISALVO’S RESTAURANT: Nothing says garlic like Mamma DiSalvo’s. They will be featuring a pasta dish with olive oil, tomatoes, sauce and GARLIC! They may even add a little asparagus. Whatever the dish, make sure you try the family restaurant that has stolen Dayton’s heart for over 3 decades! Bobby DiSalvo’s pasta dishes are MUST EATS !
8) MOHAWK FREESTYLE GRILL: Beijing Garlic Street Rolls are the special feature, a menu item you cannot get anywhere in the USA except Garlic Fest this Sunday.We love Chef Aaron and his big bites with big flavors. Our MUST EAT here is the Mohawk Burger.
9) RITTER’S FROZEN CUSTARD: He will have his regular, delicious menu available… a great choice in the heat! Look for the incredible sundaes that Daytonians have come to know and love. Our Must Eat is the Peanut Butter and Chocolate Sundae!
10) SCRATCH CATERING: Ahh yes, the inventive vendor, Scratch Catering. What do they have in store? Well just one item will make your mouth water : Flash Fried Sweet Garlic Chili Chicken tossed in Garlic Parmesan Aioli Roasted Pepper and Sweet Garlic “Masa Tots” with Drawn Garlic Butter. Need we say more? When Chef Matt Hayden is around, get ready for some damn good food.
11) SONS OF ITALY’S HOLY CANNOLI BOOTH: It is like bigfoot, because not many have seen the Holy Cannoli. It is a cannoli dipped in a guarded recipe of batter. The cannoli is then deep fried until crisp. It is warm, it is gooey, it feels like you’re breaking the law. Come walk on the wild side and try a holy cannoli, or just try a regular cannoli .. you really can’t go wrong.
12) SWEET P’S HANDMADE ICE POPS: Perfect in warm weather, look for the one time only dark chocolate garlic pops! Handmade, hand crafted and one of a kind. Try them, you’ll love them. Our MUST EAT – the Nanna Cream pop!
13) TEXAS BEEF AND CATTLE COMPANY: A newcomer to the Dayton area, we are expecting some good brisket and pulled pork, offered in a garlic BBQ sauce ! We like the name and the swag, we are hoping for big things from this meat company!
14) THE SPICY OLIVE, OLIVE OIL STORE: Flavor infused olive oils that you will not find anywhere else. These oils and balsamics are some of Hungry Jax and Big Ragu’s favorite products on earth. These incredible olive oils have kicked our cooking up a notch, and are must haves for your kitchen. Look for the garlic lemon infused olive oil, along with many other garlic combinations.
15) VOLTZY’S: The hamburger king of Dayton is here and he is sassy and garlicky. Expect him selling some garlic burgers grilled with onions and topped with cheese. As always, insults are still free. If personality was music, owner Rick Voltzy would be a whole brass band.
16) THE BUDWEISER BEER BOOTH: The beer truck will be at the fest. Come grab beer from noon-8pm, must be 21 and over. ***Ask about buying a Garlic Fest Cup and saving money on refills.
2PM-4PM: ACOUSTIC MUSIC with DENNIS CHRISMAN. Laid back music, with this local, talented musician is sure to be a treat. Expect some classic rock and even a little country.
Oh, and there’s more at 2pm !
2:00PM: COOKING DEMO with “HUNGRY JAX” JACKIE SCANLAN: This wife and mom of two, hails from Utica, NY and brings her own special influence to the Kitchen. Growing up, this Italian girl was always in the kitchen and now as a mother, she is introducing her kids to culinary fun as well. Jackie has written some published recipes and is a passionate cook who has often volunteered for the DLM School of Cooking/Culinary Center over the years. She also part of Dayton’s favorite food blog, “Food Adventures.” Don’t miss her demo! Held inside the Bella Villa Hall, these free cooking demos will include step by step instructions to make some delicious eats with some highly guarded, secret recipes!
3:00PM: COOKING DEMO with CHEF JENN DiSANTO: Here is your chance to see a pro at work! Regarded as one of the best chefs in Dayton, Jenn owns her own catering business called “Fresco.“ Her style is fresh and her flavors are amazing. It is an educational experience whenever she is around a kitchen. Please don’t miss this demo, it is a rare opportunity to see one of the best in action. Held inside the Bella Villa Hall, these free cooking demos will include step by step instructions to make some delicious eats with some highly guarded, secret recipes!
4:00PM: COOKING DEMO with CHEF LEEANNE HOUSE: Time to heat things up! The spicy LeeAnne is known for her locally made Sriracha Sauce and Hot Honey, from her company, Housemade Sauces. Working in the food industry her whole life, she is now Executive Chef of Mudlick Tap House in Germantown. She is also featured in Dayton’s popular food blog, Food Adventures as well as a partner in the new hot dog truck “Bad Dog.”. Take this special opportunity to learn from her experience. In this cooking demo, we bet she will spice things up. Her nickname isn’t “Sriracha Mama” for nothing! Held inside the Bella Villa Hall, these free cooking demos will include step by step instructions to make some delicious eats with some highly guarded, secret recipes!
5:00PM: DAYTON’S 2015 GARLIC PEELING AND GARLIC EATING CONTEST: $100 goes to the first place winner of this contest. They will also win the strongest breath.. The Big Ragu from Food Adventures will emcee and host this contest on the stage. It will be a battle of the bulbs !
5:30PM – 8:00PM: THE MENUS in CONCERT for FREE !!!!! Classic rock, 60’s, 70’s 80’s cover music and more! Watch the legendary, Cincinnati band play favorite party hits, while the lead singer kicks a few balloons while rocking the crowd!
NOTE: You may want to bring a folding chair if you plan to stay for the free Menus concert.
Be the brightest bulb in your group and join us at Garlic fest. Stop and smell the garlic! Good food, good beer, good music, all on the grounds of the Sons of Italy. A perfect match for a summer’s day. See you there…