Chef Anne Kearney moved to NOLA in 1991 and learned how to celebrate Mardi Gras is style. And lucky for Dayton, she’s bringing that celebration to Table 33 for Fat Tuesday. She’s inviting us to join her “to ring in an evening of reveling before the long stretch of 40 days and night of repent that will follow.”
Here are the details as shared by Chef in her newsletter:
FAT TUESDAY THROWDOWN
Tuesday, February 13th, 2018
Heavy hors d’oeurves & small plates:
Enjoy the following delights, passed around to you all evening long!! Some will be two bites, other 4.
All American seafood!!
* Cornmeal crusted catfish, Rémoulade sauce
* Muffaletta-sandwich of Mortadella, salami, Cappicola, Mozzarella, Provolone, and Creole olive salad, YUM!!
* Red beans & rice, Andouille sausage
* Megan’s mushroom & chicken gumbo
* Cajun pork Jambalaya
* Flash fried Blue Point oysters, Ravigote sauce
* Natchitoches meat pies- Fried hand pie filled with trinity, ground beef and spice, YUM!!
* Crawfish triangles – Phyllo crunchy exterior, lightly creamy interior with sweet red peppers, green onions and crawfish tails, YUM!!
* Creole shrimp deviled eggs – Creole poached shrimp, chopped and mix into creamed yolks, garlic aioli & black pepper, a few chives too
* Pecan pralines
* Jaime’s Bananas Foster bread pudding- she insisted this was present so she could cook it again. I love this girl!!
Additionally, tickets are available for purchase to include additional food offerings:
* Jim’s chargrilled Blue Point oysters (all night long) – OYSTERS will be cooked throughout the evening, a la minute (to the moment, as needed). Walk out and say hello to Jim & Vern, eat the oysters, hot off the grill.
* Anne’s shrimp boil with fixings (6:30-6:45 pm dump time) – The shrimp pot is scheduled to dump at 6:30-6:45 pm (thanks for giving me a few minutes as there are many factors that will determine the perfectly cooked Gulf shrimp of a mid-February boil).
Festive attire is encouraged. Be ready to grab Chef Anne for a quick dance to some New Orleans funk as the evening rolls on. If that is not your thing, grab one of the masks that will be floating around and a couple strands of beads. Then be sure to get a photo in before the evening is complete, so you’ll forever have that memory.
Locale: The fine gentlemen of Table33 (Cris & Chris) are welcoming us on February 13th, kicking off at 5 pm. These nice, young men, who own this downtown eatery, are up for welcoming a rowdy bunch of revelers to celebrate in style. While you are there, inquire about their efforts. It is always nice to have another food option whilst downtown, especially for breakfast, lunch, and brunch.
I am confident you will not leave hungry but rather, happy you joined us for few hours. I take-away a great community feeling when I’ve seen all of you gathering to support the local food efforts.
The tickets for this event are available ONLY through the EVENTBRITE website. PAGE IS GOING LIVE @ 12noon today.
The Table33 space is limited to 100 guests for the evening, each derriere will have a chair.
Next up for Chef Kearney a February 22nd event at Crooked Handle for a charcutiere offering.