The Downtown Dayton Partnership (DDP) debuts a new feature of the DP&L Summer in the City lineup: Downtown Dayton Summer Bingo . The game will begin on Friday, July 3, and players can complete a bingo of challenges for the chance to win downtown Dayton prizes throughout the entire month of July.
Players will complete “challenges” that will have them exploring downtown Dayton dining, arts, culture, shopping and entertainment. The challenges include opportunities to explore in-person following social-distancing guidelines, or tasks that can be completed online from home. If they complete five challenges in a row on the game card to make a “bingo,” players can submit their card into the drawing to win prizes. Join in the fun at our Facebook event page here .
“Our goal is for players to explore downtown, support our small business community, learn about a new spot in downtown Dayton, and continue to safely visit downtown restaurants, shops, arts galleries and more throughout the summer,” said Sandra K. Gudorf, president of the Downtown Dayton Partnership.
1. Complete 5 squares in a row (horizontal, vertical, or diagonal) to make a bingo.
2. Snap a photo or take a screen grab to prove that you completed the task. All tasks MUST be completed using a downtown Dayton business or location.
3. Email your final completed bingo entry and supporting proof to [email protected] to be entered to win prizes from the Downtown Dayton Partnership.
● Weekly drawings – On Friday, July 10, 17 and 24, winners will be chosen for weekly prizes, including gift cards to downtown businesses. Weekly winners will be re-entered into the Grand Prize drawing.
● Grand Prizes – At the end of the month, five winners will be chosen to receive a Downtown Dayton Prize Pack, which includes more than $100 in gift cards to downtown restaurants, bars, and retailers.
RULES: How to submit your bingo:
- Following the rules below, email your submission to: [email protected] before Saturday, August 1, 2020.
- Only submit a full bingo (five completed tasks in a row).
- Only one entry per person.
- All bingo tasks should be submitted in one email. The email needs to include the following:
- A screen grab or photo of your bingo card with your 5 completed tasks marked off.
- Proof* of your completed tasks either in the body of the email, or as attachments to the
email. Read on for Proof* of Completion rules.
- Your name, contact phone number, and email
*PROOF of bingo square task
Virtual (pink): Take a photo or screen grab of your completed social media or website task (example: screen grab the website you explored, or the new Facebook page you “like”). Include that picture as part of your final email submission.
Support Local (orange): Take a picture of yourself completing the task (example: snap a selfie while you’re at the local coffee shop). Include that picture as part of your final email submission.
Get Out & Explore (green): Take a picture while you’re completing the task. (example: snap a selfie in front of a downtown mural). Include that picture as part of your final email submission.
For more information, including helpful tips on places to visit to complete some of the bingo challenges, visit the Downtown Dayton Partnership website. Here you can find the pages for OPEN* downtown Dayton restaurants , OPEN* retail , OPEN* things to do , Find it Downtown guides and downtown Dayton self-guided tours .