Ohio craft brewers made an impressive showing at the 2017 Festival of Wood & Barrel Aged Beer, held Nov. 11-12. Six Ohio craft breweries won medals at the 15th annual competition organized by the Illinois Craft Brewers Guild.
Cincinnati’s Listermann Brewing Company won a gold medal in the Specialty/Experimental category for Brandy Barrel Chickow! This beer was also runner-up for the Best In Show award, won this year by BA Karma from More Brewing Company in Villa Park, Illinois. Listermann won the 2016 Best In Show award and has now brought home medals from the competition in three consecutive years.
2017 FoBAB medal-winning Ohio craft beers:
Listermann Brewing Company (Cincinnati):
• Chickow! Brandy Barrel – Gold medal, Specialty/Experimental; Runner-up, Best In Show
Warped Wing Brewing Company (Dayton):
• Chardonnay Barn Gang – Gold medal, Strong Pale Beer
Wolf’s Ridge Brewing (Columbus):
• Terre de Sauvage Green – Gold medal, Wild Beer/Brett
Zaftig Brewing Co. (Worthington):
• Zaftig Wee Heavy – Gold medal, Strong Dark Beer
Rhinegeist Brewery (Cincinnati):
• Double Oaked Mastodon – Silver medal, Strong Dark Beer
Rivertown Brewery (Monroe):
• Ville de Rivere Geuze – Bronze medal, Wild Beer/Sour