Hard to believe it’s been 5 years since the Fire House at 936 Brown St, which was built 124 years ago when the fire engines were run by horse drawn carriages, was revamped into Jimmie’s Ladder 11. Dayton Fire Department memorabilia lines the walls of this beautiful dining area. Antique wood floors and walls throughout the building develops a warm, nostalgic feel. Time flies and Jimmie’s is inviting us all to celebrate with them all week long.
Anniversary Party Schedule
- Monday 11/7: Josiah Whitley Residency with Megan Bee at 10 PM
- Tuesday 11/8: Election Day, get out & VoteOpen Mic Jam hosted by Mikey Dread & Nick Brandell
- Wednesday 11/9: Old Forrester Birthday Bourbon Night
- Thursday 11/10: Great Lakes Christmas Ale Release Party
- Friday 11/11: Anniversary Raffle from 11 AM to Midnight with all proceeds going to the local VA. Cheesecake & the French will perform at 10 PM for $5
- Saturday 11/12: Anniversary Raffle from 11 AM to Midnight with all proceeds going to the local VA. Great Northern String Band will perform at 10 PM for $5
And Jimmie’s isn’t the only area business that debuted five years ago in November. Shane Anderson opened Ghostlight Coffee on Wayne Ave in South Park. This cozy gourmet coffee shop quickly became a pillar of the community, hosting art shows, poetry readings and so much more. They’ve added housebaked treats, bagels, holiday pies and supported many area events providing coffee to go. This coming Sunday they’ll colloborate with Jimmie’s for a very special celebration dinner.
Sunday 11/13 at 6pm Jimmie’s Ladder 11 & Ghostlight Coffee will collaborate together on a five-course dinner. The after party and fifth course will be at Jimmie’s Greenhouse. Tickets are limited with a cost of $40 and are available at Jimmie’s Ladder 11 or Ghostlight Coffee.
Espresso Black Bean Chili & Cornbread Muffin paired with Fifth Street Brewpub’s JoJo’s Midnight Stout.
Mixed Greens tossed in Walnut Maple Vinaigrette topped with Applewood Smoked Bacon, Red Onion, Candied Espresso Walnuts & Asiago Cheese paired with Fernet Cold Brew Cocktail.
Grilled Cheesy Grits topped with Bourbon Coffee Glazed Shrimp paired with Toxic Brew’s Night Ender Stout.
Coffee Braised Short Ribs served with Roasted Root Vegetables, Whipped Potatoes & Red Eye Gravy paired with Warped Wing’s Esther’s Little Secret.
Gamma Bomb Brownies topped with Kentucky Bourbon Pecan Brittle or Ghostlight Celebration Torte paired with hand poured Ghostlight’s “Poet & Pilots Blend” coffee and Warped Wing’s Gamma Bomb IPA infused with Ghostlight Coffee.