On Thursday, October 12 Lily’s Bistro is hosting Rhinegeist Brewery for a special Fall Campout 4-course pairing meal, lead by “Camp Counselors” James Burton of Lily’s Bistro and Trevor Sutherland of Rhinegeist Brewery.
“Our Sous Chef James has worked in kitchens before with Trevor, who now represents Rhinegeist in the Dayton area,” Emily Mendenhall, owners of Lily’s Bistro said. “This Campout idea came about because we wanted to celebrate the late fall weather in a fun way, hopefully outdoors on the patio.”
The Fall Campout will take place on the back garden patio with a backup plan of hosting it in the “mess hall” (bar area) if fall weather doesn’t accommodate.
“We want it to be a whole evening thing,” Mendenhall said. “We’ll have the fire pit going out back with marshmallows to roast over the fire and Kyleen Downes playing some singalong songs. So stick around, tell ghost stories and enjoy jacket weather and the warmth of a fire!”
The Fall Campout’s menu includes…
– Welcome cocktail with Rhinegeist Bubbles and “trail mix” of spicy seasoned mixed nuts and dry cured salami.
1st course – paired with Peach Dodo
– Oyster on the 1/2 shell topped with a pickled red onion and micro radish “salad” dressed with fresh lemon juice.
2nd course – paired with Franz Oktoberfest
– Bibb & radicchio salad with a roasted pumpkin/octoberfest apple cider vinaigrette topped with gorgonzola and pepitas
3rd course – paired with Truth IPA
– Braised pork belly on a bed of creamy butternut squash polenta, topped with a au jus sauce served with lightly butter sautéed lollipop kale.
4th course – paired with Penguin Blonde Stout
– Gingerbread spiced pound cake with a warm fig reduction and garnished with pecan brittle.
For those interested in attending the Fall Camp Out, the event costs $39 and takes place at Lily’s Bistro on Thursday, October 12 at 5:30pm. Tickets are available online.