As many of you have probably heard, after 32 years of running The Donut Haus, owner Mike Hemmert has sold the business to his protege Ryan Tripp. Ryan worked at the Haus for 8 years before he launched Bear Creek Donuts in downtown Miamisburg. Ryan and his wife Danielle are Springboro residents and will continue many of the community traditions that have been established.
Mike took to his facebook page to address some of the questions that have come up:
1. The Business name will remain the same. No change. It was important to the new owners that value the Brand~~ to continue as The Donut Haus.
2. You can find DH products in 6 Counties as we travel 110 miles nightly to service our Wholesale Clients. No change.
3. We are training 2 new Bakers so we can continue our staffing level of 6 Bakers.
4. Recipes and Product Line—no changes. The new owner-Ryan had worked at the DH since age 14 for 8 years. In April, 2016, he started Bear Creek Donuts and he earned the right to all the recipes and serves the exact same donut in Miamisburg.Again, no change. I believe in time, you will see Ryan add additional products that I am really excited about for our Community.
5. Ryan and Danielle own a home and live in Springboro in the Tamarack neighborhood. They are both Springboro graduates and Ryan holds a Bachelors Degree in Neuroscience from Wright State.
6. Ryan and Danielle take over ownership on Jan. 15 and I will hang around for a month or so to finish training the new Bakers.
7. To the Springboro Band and it’s Board of Directors—we have so enjoyed are partnership with Christmas in Springboro. No change planned. Both Ryan and I will continue to be involved. I have been so impressed with the Band Parents and their commitment to their kids and the Program that I Plan to start a yearly monetary Scholarship exclusively for a Band Member to begin in 2018.
8. To Doni and Glen Owen—both Ryan and I will be involved with Erika’s Walk and Fundraiser in Dec. each year. No changes and we look forward to next year!
As I hand the “Rolling Pin” to Ryan & Danielle~~please welcome your new Owners!!