We don’t monkey around. Everyone who knows us, know we do things original and right.
Today, we announce one of the biggest and boldest Food Adventure dinners yet…. and it just happens to be at one of our favorite spots. North China Restaurant in Centerville will host the “Year of the Monkey” Celebration dinner, with 10 courses of food !
Since 1987, North China Restaurant has been pleasing Dayton area foodies, with tastes of Mandarin and Szechuan cuisine. May 19th they team up with our crew for an epic eating extravaganza! From appetizers to entrees, this “Year of the Monkey Dinner” promises to be a throwback to 80’s Chinese American restaurants, with a touch of family style dining.
Tickets are PRE-PAY only and can only be bought online at this link —> CLICK HERE. There is limited seating, so get your tickets before we sell out.
Just what kind of Food Adventure have we come up with? Let’s get the scoop…
HERE’S THE SKINNY:
— WHAT: 10 Course Food Adventure Dinner Event at North China Restaurant
— WHERE: 6090 Far Hills Ave, Centerville, OH 45459, next to Woodbourne Library.
— WHEN: 6:30pm THURSDAY MAY 19th
— WHY: Celebrating “The Year of the Monkey” … and a chance to eat some good food!
— COST $29 per person & includes tip. Water and Hot Tea included. Alcohol and Soft Drinks, additional cost.
TICKETS CAN ONLY BE BOUGHT ONLINE—> CLICK HERE TO GET YOURS
How are your chopstick skills? It doesn’t matter, because you will get forks and spoons too… so get ready here are the 10 courses of MUST EATS during the Year of the Monkey !
TEN COURSES OF MUST EATS AT NORTH CHINA: (sorry, no substitutions)
1) SIZZLING RICE SOUP: A light brothed soup with vegetables, rice and chicken. A perfect start to awaken your taste buds and senses.
2) EGG ROLL: The best in Dayton, bar none. Handmade, hand rolled, and stuffed with pork, cabbage and a touch of peanut dust.
3) CRAB RANGOON: Handmade, on site, this cheesey goodness should be dipped in sweet and sour sauce with a dash of soy sauce.
4) HONEY TERIYAKI GLAZED CHICKEN WING: The delicate sweetness, the savory deep fried morsels…. ’nuff said
5) MU SHU PORK: A wrapped “Chinese burrito,” The wrapper is rubbed with a plum and hoisin sauce, and pork and vegetables are added, and the “tortilla” is gently wrapped and served. One of the most special delicacy attractions at North China.
6) MONGOLIAN CHICKEN ENTREE: North China’s best selling dish. Prepare to become addicted.
7) CRISPY SHRIMP ENTREE: Deep Fried Shrimp, in a sweet and spicy, yellowish, brown sauce.
8) PEPPER STEAK ENTREE: Sauteed beef slices with onions and green peppers
9) KUNG PAO CHICKEN ENTREE: Cubed, stir fried chicken in a slightly spicy brown sauce
10) SHRIMP WITH VEGETABLE ENTREE: A lighter dish, served with broccoli, snow peas, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots.
Entrees will be served with STEAMED WHITE RICE and shared family style.
Dinner will end with the all familiar fortune cookie… which will probably say “you just ate too much on a Food Adventure.”
Chef House, Hungry Jax and The Big Ragu will be passing out door prizes, t-shirts, gift certificates and more.
Please join us for this epic Food Adventure celebrating “The Year of the Monkey” at North China Restaurant.
Join the 6,200 Foodies in the Dayton area following Food Adventures on Facebook, “like” us HERE.
“We are not food critics, we are just three people who love to eat at Dayton’s best spots. No Rules!”