The Dayton Art Institute is in need of volunteers, especially during the American Chronicles: The Art of Norman Rockwell exhibit that runs through February. Leonardo League Volunteers support the operations of the museum on a day-to-day basis, performing functions such as:
- Clerical and office support
- Selling memberships and tickets for special exhibitions, programs and events
- Assisting patrons in The Museum Store
- Conducting visitor surveys
- Providing support at events such as Oktoberfest, Art Ball, and the Vectren Just Jazz Series
Your volunteer commitment may be temporary, extending through the end of an exhibition, working a specific event or program, or you may make a long-term commitment to the museum. Volunteers making a long-term commitment are encouraged to become museum members and complete a minimum of 25 hours annually. As a result, volunteers are entitled to:
- Complimentary tickets to exhibitions
- Discounts at The Museum Store and The Cafe
- Attend Volunteer Information Sessions for Training and Art Appreciation (VISTA)
- Receive quarterly newsletters
- Receive invitations to exclusive travel and social events
Regardless of the time and commitment you are able to provide, what you can give is honored and greatly appreciated. To begin the process of becoming a DAI volunteer, you must complete the Volunteer Application Form. Send completed application to: The Dayton Art Institute, Monica Walker, Human Resources Manager, 456 Belmonte Park North, Dayton OH 45405-4700. Or email [email protected] or [email protected].
NOTE: Submitting an application to The Dayton Art Institute tells us that you are interested in becoming a volunteer, it does not mean you are a volunteer. You must complete an interview and orientation before you are considered a volunteer. For additional information on becoming a Leonardo League volunteer, contact Monica Walker at [email protected].