- This event has passed.
Web Site Essentials: Your Virtual Brick and Mortar
October 16 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am$25
Whether you’re building your business’ web site from scratch or maintaining a current site, this workshop is designed for the Do-It-Yourself professional. Fill your toolbox at this workshop brought to you by the Advertising Review Council, a joint program of your Better Business Bureau and the American Advertising Federation-Dayton. Industry experts will be on hand to answer your web site questions.
Date: Tuesday, October 16, 2018
Time: 8-10 a.m.
Location: Montgomery County Business Solutions Center, 1435 Cincinnati St., Ste. 300, Dayton
Cost: $25, includes light breakfast
Materials: Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop or tablet
8 a.m. Check-In and Light Breakfast
8:15 Lay the Foundation, Presented by Emily Sears and Amy Houghtling, Cox Digital Marketing
- Make a web site functional; a virtual brick and mortar
- Identify keys to making basic updates to a web site
- Cover domain name basics; renting vs owning
- Protect your business and your brand credibility
9:00 Custom Build Your Dream Home, Presented by Philip Roestamadji, Lion + Panda
- Use content marketing, blogs and other tools to tell the story
- Resolve the mystery of search engine optimization
- Integrate video, photographs and other design elements
- Move your site up the ladder of results
9:45 Best Practices and Open Discussion