- This event has passed.
Introduction to Kayaking – ACA Level 1 Course
May 28, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
One event on June 3, 2017 at 9:00am
One event on July 15, 2017 at 9:00am
One event on July 16, 2017 at 9:00am
One day on-water course taught by our certified ACA instructors.
Discover the joy of kayaking! Or if you already kayak, do you want to build on your skills and enjoyment? This one-day course is for you! Start your kayaking adventures off right by learning essential paddling and safety skills on calm water. This comprehensive course will cover equipment, strokes, paddling technique, capsizing, dealing with a swamped kayak, and re-entries. Come ready to get wet and have a good time on this skill and confidence building class. No experience necessary. We’ll show you that kayaking is an activity that everyone can enjoy.
Each participant will learn and practice the following:
• Loading and unloading your kayak
• Parts of the kayak – bow, stern, cockpit, combing, etc.
• Proper paddling posture, and rocking and balance
• Strokes – forward, reverse, sweeps, and draws
• Controlled wet exits without skirts
• Emptying your kayak on shore after capsizing
• Emptying your kayak in deep water after capsizing
COMPLETE DETAILS & REGISTER ONLINE:
Additional dates for this class include: 6/3, 7/15, 7/16
Essentials of Kayak Touring – ACA Level 2 Course is available on 7/8