- This event has passed.
Fat Tuesday Throwdown
February 13 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm$70 – $100
“Laissez les bon temps rouler” ~ Let the good times roll!! Jim and Vern are joining me on Fat Tuesday to make fantastic oysters happen, YUMMM!!
How blessed are we Dayton?
Happy Carnival season!! Since my move to NOLA back in 1991 I enjoyed the rush of a good Mardi Gras Celebration. We had many rituals we observed and habits we would fall into during the long run to Fat Tuesday. Again, I do know what it means to miss New Orleans!!, WAAAA!! This year I am enjoying keeping up with all of my NOLA friends & family as they celebrate with their internet post of their favorite king cakes (YUMM!), costumes they are creating and mounds of beads and doubloons from the parade routes. And of course, the food of the season is always laden with American seafood and the event I have planned will not be much different.
Consider joining me as we ring in an evening of reveling before the long stretch of 40 days and night of repent that will follow.
FAT TUESDAY THROWDOWN
Tuesday, February 13th, 2018
Join me @ Table33
130 West 2nd Street, Dayton, OH 45402
Heavy hors d’oeurves & small plates:
Enjoy the following delights, passed around to you all evening long!! Some will be two bites, other 4.
All American seafood!!
* Cornmeal crusted catfish, Rémoulade sauce
* Muffaletta-sandwich of Mortadella, salami, Cappicola, Mozzarella, Provolone, and Creole olive salad, YUM!!
* Red beans & rice, Andouille sausage
* Megan’s mushroom & chicken gumbo
* Cajun pork Jambalaya
* Flash fried Blue Point oysters, Ravigote sauce
* Natchitoches meat pies- Fried hand pie filled with trinity, ground beef and spice, YUM!!
* Crawfish triangles – Phyllo crunchy exterior, lightly creamy interior with sweet red peppers, green onions and crawfish tails, YUM!!
* Creole shrimp deviled eggs – Creole poached shrimp, chopped and mix into creamed yolks, garlic aioli & black pepper, a few chives too
* Pecan pralines
* Jaime’s Bananas Foster bread pudding- she insisted this was present so she could cook it again. I love this girl!!
Additionally, tickets are available for purchase to include additional food offerings:
* Jim’s chargrilled Blue Point oysters (all night long) – OYSTERS will be cooked throughout the evening, a la minute (to the moment, as needed). Walk out and say hello to Jim & Vern, eat the oysters, hot off the grill.
* Anne’s shrimp boil with fixings (6:30-6:45 pm dump time) – The shrimp pot is scheduled to dump at 6:30-6:45 pm (thanks for giving me a few minutes as there are many factors that will determine the perfectly cooked Gulf shrimp of a mid-February boil). You are welcome to come out and say hello as you pick up your shrimp to enjoy. Or send your server to pick them up, your call.
Both of these additional items are being prepared outside, under tents:
I encourage you to wear festive attire. Be ready to grab me for a quick dance to some New Orleans funk as the evening rolls on. If that is not your thing, grab one of the masks that will be floating around and a couple strands of beads. Then be sure to get a photo in before the evening is complete, so I forever have that memory.
Locale: The fine gentlemen of Table33 (Cris & Chris) are welcoming us on February 13th, kicking off at 5 pm. These nice, young men, who own this downtown eatery, are up for welcoming a rowdy bunch of revelers to celebrate in style. While you are there, inquire about their efforts. It is always nice to have another food option whilst downtown, especially for breakfast, lunch, and brunch.
I am confident you will not leave hungry but rather, happy you joined us for few hours. I take-away a great community feeling when I’ve seen all of you gathering to support the local food efforts.
The tickets for this event are available ONLY through the EVENTBRITE website link below. PAGE IS LIVE. The link above will take you to the site.
The Table33 space is limited to 100 guests for the evening, each derriere will have a chair.
My apologies and patience please if you miss out on this celebration as I have a few other ideas I am putting into motion. Check out the February 22nd event at Crooked Handle for a charcuterie offering.
Thanks for your consideration as my faithful krewe and I are gathering for our annual MARDI GRAS CELEBRATION, Anne Kearney style and we can’t wait to see you.
Thank you, Anne Kearney