- This event has passed.
Backpacking On-Trail Skills Course
September 25, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$15
Join us for 2 hours of “Part 1 Basics” on a fun evening course hiking and participating in multiple hands-on outdoor skills clinics including:
• Water Treatment – Filtering and Purifying
• Proper Campsite Set Up
• Backcountry Cooking – Backcountry Stoves & Camp Kitchen Set Up
• Food Storage – Food Bag Hanging
• Backcountry Hygiene – Sanitation & Taking Care of Business
• Leave No Trace Principles
Grant Nature Park
Grant Park is a 189-acre natural area. Trails in the park lead along creeks and through meadow, forest, prairie and wetland habitats. The hiking trails are of varying difficulty; some follow ridgelines or bottomlands, while others climb fairly steep hills.
Tuesday September 25, 2018 – 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
2 miles of hiking