This Wednesday, Dec 21st the Rue Dumaine open house market will take place from noon until 3pm! The success of Rue Dumaine’s booth at the Centerville Farmers Market was the inspiration for these open house markets. I missed the pre-thanksgiving open house and from what I hear, your best bet is to call ahead and pre-order, because the goodies go quickly.
According to Chef Anne Kearney you should look over the list below, and give Bonnie a call at 610-1061 with your order to secure your items. Bartender Evan and co-owner Tom have selected and priced for retail 1 sparkling, 1 red and 1 white wine perfect for any holiday party drop-in or to sip on as you tackle the pile of gifts. Pick up a bottle to share with your lovelies on Christmas Eve or to take over to mom’s house on Christmas Day, see details below.
Just a few of the items they are offering:
• Cured ruby red trout sides-6-9oz sides sold to you cyro-vaced- $9/#
• Brian’s house smoked ham-1#-3# pieces, Brian is very proud, it is good stuff. Purchase a piece to slice for sandwiches or cube up for your New Years Day black eyed peas $10/#
• Butterscotch blondies with caramel, peanuts and pretzels, YUM! I believe this is the perfect balance of salty and sweet. Sold in four piece packs $3.5.
• Peppermint chocolate brownies, great for the office or your sweet aunt Patti. Sold in four piece packs $3.5
• Tom’s GraNOLA of love, good and good for you! $7 per bag
• Peanut butter with flax seed and local honey-start you year off right- protein, omega 3 fatty acid and it taste great too! 7oz.-$3.5 or 15oz.-$6.5
• Apple dumplings-honestly buy one to eat after you have wrapped the last gift…warmed with a scoop of gelato. 2 large dumplings-$4
• Bar mix-spiced pepitas, cheese nips, rosemary lavash and oat bundles- great hostess gift. $5
• Brian’s awesome truffled cheesy dip with mushrooms and spinach…A few friends stop by to say happy holidays and this will save your ass as far as on-the-fly good eats. 12oz. of some really tasty stuff. $5.5 • Hot cocoa mix made with awesome French extra brut cocoa. Santa and the kids will love it, mom too. $4/8oz.
• Blue cheese-walnut pave $5/6oz. • Apple-thyme chutney $5/8oz.
• Country pate, YUM! $6/ 6oz.
• French bread croutons, brushed with olive oil, seasoned and toasted until golden brown. Pick up a bag to take over to moms for the cheese tray to make a few canapés with the pate for you. $2.5/ 6oz. bag • If you are interested in some of our fiery Dijon or whole grain mustard, we can make you up a container for you. $6./ 8oz
• Almond-raspberry coffee cake- $6/serves 6-8
• Chocolate whoopie pies with Italian mint buttercream $4/ 4 pieces (2” each) per pack
• Cranberry pop-tarts with orange scented frosting, YUM again!! $3 each
• Spiced pecans, spiced but not spicy. $10/#
• Roasted butternut squash** soup $4.5/16oz., $8/32oz.
• White bean-Arugula smear $3.5/8oz.
• Balsamic vinaigrette $3.5/8oz., $6/15oz.
• NV Gruet Brilliant New Mexico Sparkling wine- A wonderful fine bouquet dominated by green apple and grapefruit flavors. A truly classic house style sparkling with ultra fine bubbles! Priced for retail sale.
• Cameron Hughes Chardonnay Lot 220-This wine shows classic buttery qualities with subtle sorbet notes on the finish. On the palate, this wine is rich and full with a bold mid-palate of Meyer lemon and nuances of baking spice. Priced for retail sale.
• 2009 Rock & Vine, Cabernet Sauvignon-Medium bodied, with a solid core of blackberry and dark cherry fruit and hints of tobacco notes followed by great texture, sweet tannins, and dense weight. This wine is very drinkable. Priced for retail sale.
• Possibly a few more items will appear, it is simply a matter of time before we think of something else, thanks.
Rue Dumaine Restaurant and Bar is located a half mile east of I-675 on OH 725, at 1051 Miamisburg- Centerville Road.