The feature monthly recipe from the Food Adventure Crew is one of the Big Ragu’s creations. It is a fun, delicious meal, that is sure to impress your friends.
Today we highlight a healthy fish dinner and even offer up some side ideas that mimic the local steakhouses. The best part, this is a fairly easy recipe. Make yourself look like a champ with little effort.
Do you love seafood? The Big Ragu sure does, and works with it constantly. One of the most important challenges in Dayton is getting your hand on the good stuff. That is the FRESH good stuff. Let us recommend Foremost Seafood in Kettering for the absolute freshest and most diverse choices in town.
That being said, lets dive into this MUST EAT dinner !
HERE IS THE SKINNY on BAKED SWORDFISH with RASPBERRY SAUCE:
BAKED SWORDFISH with RASPBERRY SAUCE (feed 6 people)
6 Swordfish filets , 8oz each
Butter, salted, 6 square pad slices
Lemon juice, 6 Tbsp
Paprika, 2 tsp
Garlic powder, 2 tsp
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Worcestershire Sauce (splash)
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
½ cup fresh raspberries
2 tablespoons of honey
- Lay filets on an oiled baking dish . Squeeze lemon juice on top of each piece of fish. Place a square slab of butter on top of each fillet. Sprinkle paprika, garlic powder and black pepper on top of fish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, finish off under the broiler for 1 minute
- Mash the raspberries in a small bowl, whisk in the vinegar, Worcestershire and honey. Spoon the sauce over the fillets Garnish each piece of fish with a sprig of thyme.
SWEET STEWED TOMATOES:
1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes, including juice
1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
1/2 sweet Vidalia onion (diced)
16 toasted bread cubes
1 ¼ sticks of butter
1 cup sugar
½ cup Brown Sugar
- Add a little olive oil to a sauce pan, add the diced onion and stir on medium heat until they start to carmelize
- Drain the whole tomatoes can and add to the pan. Add diced tomatoes and their juice in the saucepan. Add butter and sugar. Simmer, uncovered, twenty minutes, stirring occasionally. Add bread cubes and serve in small bowl
GARLIC BUTTERY STEAMED GREEN BEANS:
- Place your green beans in a bowl or container with ¼-1/2 inch water. Microwave them for 3 minutes to steam them..
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the butter, brown sugar, garlic salt, and pepper. Stir until the brown sugar is completely dissolved. Add the green beans and stir the green beans until they are coated. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until green beans appear done. Place beans and about half the sauce into a serving dish and they are ready to serve.
Enjoy the other photos from our recipe below.
Come back to DaytonMostMetro.com EVERY week for a feature Food Adventure article on Dayton foods. We are Dayton’s #1 Food blog for over 10 years, and a favorite of Miami Valley foodies. Festivals, cooking classes, weekly features, killer photos and more. We are much more than a social media account.We are FOOD ADVENTURES!